Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: JW Marriott Nairobi - Your Kenyan Dream Getaway!

JW Marriott Hotel Nairobi Nairobi Kenya

JW Marriott Hotel Nairobi Nairobi Kenya

Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: JW Marriott Nairobi - Your Kenyan Dream Getaway!

Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: JW Marriott Nairobi - My Kenyan Dream… Or Was It? (Brace Yourselves, This Isn't Your Average Review!)

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your cookie-cutter hotel review. We're diving headfirst into the JW Marriott Nairobi experience, and let me tell you, it was a journey. "Kenyan Dream Getaway," they said. Hmm. Let's just say my dreams involved a LOT more sleep and a LOT less…well, you'll see.

Accessibility: The Good, The Alright, and the "Hmm, Interesting"

Right off the bat, the accessibility looked promising. They say they're good with Facilities for disabled guests, which is always a huge plus. Elevators? Check. That's a relief because, let's be honest, after a long flight and a stomach full of questionable airplane food, stairs are the enemy. I didn't personally need any special accommodations, but I did see signage and features that looked promising for wheelchair users. Now, whether it actually all works flawlessly in a real-world scenario? That's a question best answered by someone with actual accessibility needs, ya know?

Rooms: My Temporary Palace…Mostly

My room, a haven of Air conditioning (praise be!), was… well, it was a room. And for me, that's enough. It was clean, it was comfortable, and it had a Window that opens – a small but significant victory for a claustrophobe like yours truly. The Bed was comfortable, and I actually slept. Also, I was pleased there was a Complimentary tea, which is a small luxury that feels like a big deal when you're halfway around the world and battling jet lag.

Stuff like Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathtub (though I didn't have time for a bubble bath, sadly), Coffee/tea maker and Free bottled water added to the luxury. They even had slippers—such a little touch that can make you feel a little less grubby than usual.

The Internet access – wireless was solid, a lifesaver for staying connected. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! is always a welcome sight. The Internet itself was generally fast. There was a Desk and I was able to get some work done (or, more accurately, attempt to get some work done while battling the siren song of that gorgeous Pool with view).

Safety: Feeling Safe(ish)

CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside property. I like to think that they're working hard to provide the guest with a safe experience, even though you don't necessarily SEE stuff like smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, and staff trained in safety protocols. I wanted to also mention the Safety deposit boxes, a little something extra that makes you feel comfortable.

Cleanliness and Safety: The Sanitization Tango

Okay, so the Covid thing. Let's talk about it. Hand sanitizer everywhere? Check. Daily disinfection in common areas? Check. Rooms sanitized between stays? Apparently, check. They're trying, bless their hearts. And they've clearly gone all-in on the Anti-viral cleaning products bandwagon. I mean, it looked clean. But, as always, you can't help but slightly (and I mean slightly) wonder if the guy who wiped down the remote control really got all the crevices. Still, the effort was there. And I'll take it.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: From Buffet Bliss to Room Service Regret (Maybe, I'm Still Deciding)

Ah, food. The lifeblood of any good vacation! The Breakfast [buffet] was… well, it was a buffet. A very nice buffet, mind you. They had everything! From a glorious array of Buffet in restaurant delights to Asian breakfast to that classic Western breakfast. I spent a good hour or more just wandering from station to station, a glazed look in my eyes, trying to decide between the fresh fruit and the pastries. The coffee was… passable. Let's leave it at that.

I ate most of my meals at the hotel Restaurants, The quality was good, with A la carte in restaurant options, though slightly on the pricier side. I tried all sorts of food, including the Asian cuisine in restaurant and the International cuisine in restaurant. The Coffee/tea in restaurant was good, but I was really looking for a good espresso when I thought of it!

The Poolside bar was amazing. I spent some time there, with the Bottle of water always in hand, and occasionally visited the Snack bar.

The Room service [24-hour]. Okay, so here's my confession – and it's a big one. I ordered room service…twice. And, let's just say, one order was a triumph (scrumptious club sandwich!), and the other was…less so (a soggy, late-night attempt at a burger). Lesson learned: room service is a gamble, even at a place that boasts "Unbelievable Luxury."

Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Spa Day Dreams…and Literal Steam Rooms

Alright, people, this is where the JW Marriott really shines. The Spa! The Spa/sauna! The Steamroom! The Swimming pool [outdoor] with a view! Seriously, if you're not taking advantage of the spa here, you're doing it wrong.

The Fitness center was good, a nice clean space to do a quick work out. I did not try the Gym/fitness, but I'm sure that it was good, considering how the spa was.

I opted for the whole enchilada: message, the Body scrub, the Body wrap, the works. It was…transcendental. Truly. The masseuse (Bless you, whoever you were!) worked out knots I didn’t even realize I had. Post-massage, I spent a solid hour in the Spa/sauna and completely lost myself in the steam room. I felt like a new person. Seriously, if you had a bad day before going to the spa, you'd walk out feeling like you have lived a new life!

The Pool with view? Divine. Lounging by the pool, sipping a cocktail, and gazing out at the Kenyan landscape… pure bliss. The Poolside bar was also amazing. I spent some time there, with the Bottle of water always in hand, and occasionally visited the Snack bar.

Getting Around: Airport Transfers – A Lifesaver, Especially After a Long Haul

Airport transfer? Absolutely essential, especially after a long flight. They are waiting for you outside the airport so that way you don't have to wait. I always appreciate a smooth airport experience, which this provided.

Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Add Up

The Concierge were brilliant. Need a restaurant recommendation? They got you. Book a tour? No problem. Daily housekeeping was efficient and discreet. Little things like Doorman, Laundry service, Cash withdrawal… they all add up to making your stay feel effortless. The value is truly in the details.

For the Kids: Family Friendly, But What About the Babysitter?

They are generally Family/child friendly. I didn't see many kids, but they seemed to be accommodating. The Babysitting service, though? I can't speak to that because I wasn’t using it.

My Overall Verdict

Look, the JW Marriott Nairobi is… a good hotel. A very good hotel. It’s generally a nice hotel, with nice people. The Staff trained in safety protocol and the Front desk [24-hour] were always helpful. My overall Cleanliness and safety feelings went up after seeing the staff and how they maintained the hotel.

It’s not perfect. There are things -- like room service roulette -- that could be improved. But the spa? The pool? The sheer luxury of it all? That's where the JW Marriott Nairobi really comes into its own. It's a place where you could easily lose a day.

My Honest Opinion

I had a better time at the spa, then I did at the bar. They were amazing! I would recommend the hotel for anybody looking to relax and get away. Don't forget to give the spa a visit. It's worth it.

An Offer You Can't Refuse (Maybe): Your Unbelievable Kenyan Getaway Awaits!

Tired of the daily grind? Craving an escape? Does the phrase "Unbelievable Luxury" make you sit up and take notice? Then stop dreaming and start booking!

Book your stay at the JW Marriott Nairobi TODAY and receive:

  • A complimentary upgrade (subject to availability!) to a room with a stunning view.
  • One free spa treatment per person (choose from massage, body wrap, or facial!)
  • Complimentary breakfast for two (because everyone deserves fresh fruit!)
  • Exclusive access to our sparkling outdoor pool and poolside bar.
Kamelia Samos: Greece's Hidden Paradise Awaits!

Book Now

JW Marriott Hotel Nairobi Nairobi Kenya

JW Marriott Hotel Nairobi Nairobi Kenya

Okay, buckle up, buttercups! This isn't your grandma's meticulously planned travel itinerary. This is…me, possibly lost in Nairobi, with a very healthy dose of caffeine coursing through my veins and a questionable grasp on reality. Here we go: JW Marriott Nairobi, here I come!

Day 1: Arrival & Initial Panic (aka "Is my luggage really in Zanzibar?!)

  • 7:00 AM (Nairobi time, which I'm still adjusting to): Wake up. Or maybe I never actually slept. Jet lag is a mischievous beast. Swear I dreamt I was being chased by a giraffe in a tuxedo. Note to self: lay off the wildlife documentaries before bed.
  • 7:30 AM: Attempt to dress. Somehow managed to put on mismatched socks. Already a sign of things to come.
  • 8:00 AM: Breakfast at the JW Marriott's "signature" restaurant. Ordered the "Kenyan Breakfast". It's… a lot. Sausage that could double as a small hockey puck, some sort of dense, brown bread (maybe it’s supposed to be healthy?), and the strongest coffee I’ve ever encountered. My eyeballs are currently vibrating.
  • 8:45 AM: Panic attack number one. Still no luggage. Apparently, my suitcase decided to take a scenic route via Zanzibar. Zanzibar! I'm in Nairobi! This is the kind of chaotic energy I live for. (Okay, maybe not the "no clothes" part, but still…)
  • 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Recovering from the luggage debacle. Wandering around the hotel, trying to look sophisticated. Failing miserably. The lobby is gorgeous, all marble and hushed whispers. I, however, am currently sweating and clutching a rapidly cooling cup of coffee. Not a good look.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch at the hotel's "casual" eatery. Ordered a burger, because sometimes you just need something familiar when you're feeling like a fish out of water. The fries were surprisingly good, a small victory!
  • 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM: A whirlwind of trying to find a reliable internet connection. Desperately trying to reach the airline to find my luggage, which turned out to be a wild goose chase. At least the hotel's pool area is beautiful. (The sunshine is a godsend)
  • 5:00 PM: Finally managed to get a new set of clothes. Feeling much better now.
  • 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM: Evening drinks at the hotel bar. Met an interesting Kenyan man. He was laughing at how silly I was trying to understand his accent. But such a warm person!
  • 8:00 PM: Dinner at the "signature" restaurant again because I don't have any other clothes. I hope my luggage comes tomorrow.

Day 2: Elephant Kiss and Coffee Dreams (and the relentless pursuit of my suitcase!)

  • 7:00 AM (again): Awake! Or perhaps still vibrating from the coffee.
  • 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM: Breakfast. Tried to order the Kenyan breakfast and ended up with something else entirely. The waiter just smiled. Kenyan hospitality is amazing.
  • 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM: The quest for my suitcase continues. I decided to try to get some work in but it was nearly impossible.
  • 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Wandering around the city. The city is wild, in a good way. The people are vibrant, the streets are bustling, the smells… well, they are definitely there.
  • 2:00 PM: Found my favorite cafe and tried to enjoy my afternoon with the coffee. It was difficult to focus but I managed!
  • 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM: The rest of the afternoon was spent at the hotel's spa. I had a massage and it was great.
  • 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM: Dinner. Enjoyed it.

Day 3: Farewell, Nairobi (but will my luggage ever arrive?)

  • 7:00 AM: Woke up and got ready finally.
  • 7:30 AM: Breakfast.
  • 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM: Went to the market. The market was very cool to see the people sell.
  • 11:00 AM: Heading to the airport.
  • 12:00 PM: Goodbye Nairobi.

Important Notes, Ramblings, and Unsolicited Advice:

  • Packing: Pack everything you think you might need. Then add more. And maybe throw in a spare suitcase, just in case your original decides to become a globe-trotting adventurer.
  • Coffee: Embrace the coffee. Surrender to the caffeine-fueled joy.
  • Embrace the Chaos: Things will go wrong. Plans will fall apart. Laugh about it. Kenya is a place that begs for spontaneity, and you will make mistakes. It's part of the fun!
  • The People: The people here are incredible. Be polite, be curious, engage in real conversations, and always, always smile.
  • My Luggage: Still MIA. The saga continues…
  • Overall: Kenya is beautiful, chaotic, and utterly captivating. Go. Just go. And maybe pack a toothbrush in your carry-on. You never know.
Indrapuram's Hidden Gem: FabHotel Prime IP Review (You Won't Believe This!)

Book Now

JW Marriott Hotel Nairobi Nairobi Kenya

JW Marriott Hotel Nairobi Nairobi Kenya

Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: JW Marriott Nairobi - Your Kenyan Dream Getaway! (Or Is It?) FAQs - The Frankly Real Edition

Urban Hotel Search

JW Marriott Hotel Nairobi Nairobi Kenya

JW Marriott Hotel Nairobi Nairobi Kenya

JW Marriott Hotel Nairobi Nairobi Kenya

JW Marriott Hotel Nairobi Nairobi Kenya