Holyrood Heaven: Edinburgh's Chic Aparthotel Awaits!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the Holyrood Heaven experience – or, at least, my brutally honest take on it. Forget the PR fluff, here's the real deal! (SEO keywords are baked in, don't worry, Google's gonna get fed!)
Holyrood Heaven: Edinburgh's Chic Aparthotel – A Rambling Review (With Occasional Sane Moments)
So, you're thinking Edinburgh, huh? Smart choice! And you've stumbled upon Holyrood Heaven. Well, let's see if this "chic aparthotel" lives up to the hype. I'm breaking it down, warts and all, alright? Because let’s be honest, nobody wants another bland travel blog post.
First Impressions (and a bit of accessibility rambling):
Right, first things first: Accessibility. This is HUGE for me, and frankly, can make or break a place. Holyrood Heaven claims to cater to guests with mobility needs. Facilities for disabled guests are listed. My immediate thought? Show me. I didn't personally test the wheelchair access extensively (I'm thankfully able-bodied), but I did scope it out visually. The elevator is key, of course, and I spotted one. Having CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside property gives a sense of added security, for sure. However, I’d want specific details on things like adapted rooms, accessible bathrooms, and clear routes before booking if accessibility is a must-have. Further investigation is required here, folks. Don’t just trust the brochure! (But the Car park [free of charge] is ALWAYS a win!)
Cleanliness and the "Safe" Bubble (because, you know, the world):
Alright, the pandemic era is still with us. And Holyrood Heaven takes it seriously. They're touting their Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, and all that jazz. Plus, Rooms sanitized between stays and even an Room sanitization opt-out available. That's good. Really good. I’m a germaphobe, so hearing about Professional-grade sanitizing services and stuff is a huge relief It felt clean, no doubt. Plenty of Hand sanitizer dispensers lurking around. The Safe dining setup was noticeable, with well-distanced tables and things. The Staff trained in safety protocol seemed genuinely clued-in, too. They had a Doctor/nurse on call, too. All that is fantastic.
The Room: My Little Edinburgh Fortress (and a few tiny gripes):
Okay, the rooms. Here's where things got interesting. I had a room with Air conditioning, a Free Wi-Fi, which worked perfectly but there's also Internet [LAN] if that's your jam. The Wi-Fi [free] – thank the heavens. That matters. I needed to work, and reliable internet is non-negotiable. I didn't use Internet access – LAN, but hey, it's there if you want it! The room also boasted a desk, which was crucial for actually getting some work done (as opposed to just staring blankly at a laptop). The Laptop workspace also was there. A Coffee/tea maker! Because, Edinburgh. Complimentary tea! Excellent! The Hair dryer saved my life. After a long day out, I loved the Bathrobes, bathtub, and shower – a damn necessity. I got a room on a high floor, and I believe it had a decent view . The Blackout curtains? Lifesavers for those long summer nights. There were Smoke alarms and Smoke detector, plus a Fire extinguisher, which is always a comfort. The safe box was there, but I didn't use it. The Fridge came in handy for storing some goodies.
Now, the imperfections. My "additional toilet" wasn't there, but I suspect there was just a single private bathroom with a separate shower/bathtub. Some things were a bit… compact. But hey, it's Edinburgh. Space is a premium, am I right? The alarm clock was a little fussy, and the window that opens didn't open far enough to actually get a good lungful of fresh air.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Fueling the Edinburgh Adventure:
Breakfast was a definite highlight! (And a potential weak spot depending on your taste). They offered a Breakfast [buffet], but also Breakfast in room, so you can have it delivered. I went with the Western breakfast, which was decent. Okay, maybe not amazing, but perfectly acceptable for a grab-and-go start to the day. The Coffee/tea in restaurant was decent. There's a Bar, and the Poolside bar, plus the Happy hour looked enticing. I didn't gorge on the Desserts in restaurant because I was being good, but I was sorely tempted. I'm not going to lie. I had a sneaky Bottle of water and some Snack bar items. (I'm a sucker for convenience). There were also Restaurants on site.
Things to Do, Ways to Relax (or pretend to):
Okay, okay, fine, I didn't spend my entire trip cooped up in my room. Let's talk relaxation. Edinburgh is a walking city, so you'll definitely want to take the Car park [on-site] if you are arriving there – no free parking on the street! They have a Fitness center – I peeked in, but didn't actually use it (judge me, I dare you!). Apparently, there is a Swimming pool [outdoor]. So, I went and had a swim! The Pool with view was fantastic! There is some Spa/sauna, and a Steamroom. I would’ve went to the Bar, but I didn’t have time, and I wanted to see the sights!
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter:
This is where Holyrood Heaven really shines. The concierge was brilliant, full of helpful tips and local knowledge. They have a Doorman! They have Daily housekeeping, which is a godsend. The Luggage storage was handy for early arrival/late departure. Plus, there's dry cleaning and laundry service. And a Gift/souvenir shop! The elevator. Thank goodness! The Cash withdrawal was useful. The Currency exchange came in handy. There are Meetings and Meeting/banquet facilities, so you can even have a business confab. They have Business facilities. The Taxi service was easy to call, and the airport transfer made the journey much easier. They also offer both Contactless check-in/out and Check-in/out [express]!
Getting Around (and trying not to get lost):
Edinburgh is a walker's paradise, but sometimes you need a lift. The Taxi service was reliable. I wished I had a Car power charging station for my hypothetical electric car. They had Bicycle parking!
For the Kids (because families need vacations too!):
I don’t have kids, so I didn’t see the Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, and Kids meal. The Kids facilities and are there for the little ones.
Overall Verdict:
Holyrood Heaven is a solid choice for a stay in Edinburgh. It's clean, comfortable, and well-located. Accessibility should be double-checked before booking if that's a priority. The staff is friendly, there are plenty of amenities on offer. It isn't perfect. But hey, what is?
My Honest-to-Goodness Rating: 4 out of 5 haggis burgers.
The (Messy, but still compelling) OFFER:
Tired of generic hotels? Craving a truly Edinburgh experience?
Book your stay at Holyrood Heaven NOW and get:
- Guaranteed Free Wi-Fi (because, let's face it, you need it).
- Delicious Breakfast to kickstart your day.
- Unbeatable Location – perfect for exploring the Royal Mile, Holyrood Palace, and all the hidden gems of Edinburgh.
- Peace of Mind: Sanitized rooms and staff trained in safety protocols.
- Book your stay by [Date] and receive a complimentary [Specific Offer - could be a drink at the bar, a discount on a spa treatment, or a free upgrade (if available) ].
Don't just dream about Edinburgh. Live it. Book Holyrood Heaven today!
Alpendorf Dachstein West: Austria's Hidden Alpine Paradise (Unbelievable Photos!)Alright, buckle up, buttercups, 'cause this isn't your clinically-clean, perfectly-planned itinerary. This is my Edinburgh diary, and let me tell you, it’s gonna be a glorious, slightly chaotic mess. We're talking Holyrood Aparthotel – my temporary kingdom – as the base of operations. Expect… well, expect the unexpected.
Day 1: Arrival and the Utter Joy of a Comfy Bed (and a Tiny, Judgemental Fridge)
Morning (ish): Flying in. Ugh, travel. Always a disaster. Plane food? Let’s just say my stomach is currently staging a protest. Touchdown Edinburgh. The air… is surprisingly, refreshingly, crisp. Forget the romantic notions I had from the brochure, my priority is getting my hands on a decent coffee.
Afternoon: Holyrood Aparthotel. Found it! The place is nice enough, right? Clean, modern. The bed, though… oh, the bed. It's like sinking into a cloud woven from dreams and good intentions. Seriously, people, I could live in that bed. The fridge, on the other hand, is small, almost judgemental. Like it’s questioning my snack choices. “Really? Another bag of crisps?” It seems to be whispering.
Late Afternoon / Early Evening: The goal: grocery shopping. I have visions of gourmet meals and self-sufficiency. Reality: a slightly panicked wander through a Tesco, clutching a basket, and feeling overwhelmed by the sheer number of different types of pasta. End result? A jar of pesto I'll probably regret and a bag of crisps to appease my judgmental fridge.
- Anecdote #1: Almost got run over by a cyclist. Almost. My heart is still doing backflips. Edinburgh drivers are ruthless, those cyclists are speedy devils, and everyone is running in their own direction, and if you don't pay attention, you're done.
Evening: Bed. Bed. Bed. I’m already deeply in love with this room. Okay, fine, I watch a terrible rom-com on telly and fall asleep halfway through. Victory.
Day 2: Holyrood, Hysteria, and the Pursuit of the Perfect Scone (Spoiler: It’s Harder Than It Looks)
- Morning: Okay, big day. The Holyrood Palace. I’m picturing myself gracefully strolling through regal gardens, absorbing history like a sponge. Reality: The palace is impressive, but I spent half the time giggling over the audio guide and the other half battling crowds. The whole thing had me wound up like a top. I felt incredibly overdressed.
- Mid-Morning Quick detour to the Scottish Parliament Building: Another grand building, filled with a sense of… well, I'm not sure what. The staff were lovely though, which helped.
- Lunch: The quest for the perfect scone begins! I’m a sucker for pastries filled with jam and cream. I try a cafe near the university. The scone? Dry. The jam? Meh. The cream? Thin and sad. Devastated.
- Afternoon: Okay, regroup. I’m going to walk the Royal Mile. Cobblestones? Check. Gift shops selling tartan everything? Check. The sheer volume of people? Overwhelming. I duck into a side street to escape the madness and stumble upon a tiny, independent bookshop. Heaven! I spend an hour browsing, losing track of time, and buying a book about something I probably won't read. Worth it.
- Evening: Dinner at a pub. Fish and chips. Decent. Beer. Delicious. I listen to a local band play folk music and feel a little bit… content. Scotland is starting to grow on me. The evening ends with another episode of my bad rom-com and a deep sleep.
Day 3: Arthur's Seat, Ascensions and Absurdity. And a Terrible Coffee.
- Morning: The dreaded Arthur's Seat hike. I'd seen photos, and the views looked gorgeous. I was horribly wrong. That hill is deceptive. It seemed easy enough from the bottom, but by the third step, I was basically a beetroot, gasping for air. Sweat. So. Much. Sweat. The view from the top? Worth it. Absolutely stunning. I took a million photos, feeling smug and victorious, even though my legs felt like jelly.
- Quirky Observation: The number of people attempting to climb that hill in unsuitable footwear… I mean, flip-flops?!
- Mid-Morning I find a cafe. A terrible, terrible cafe near the bottom of the mountain. The coffee? Undrinkable. I think the barist did a better job of making me mad than he did in making a coffee.
- Afternoon: I was so grumpy from the terrible coffee. The only reasonable thing to do was to visit the shops to try and appease my mood with things. I found a cute vintage store tucked away on a side street and found a sweater. I could now breath!
- Evening: Back to the Aparthotel. Ordering food and watching movies, and planning what to do tomorrow.
Day 4: Edinburgh Castle, and a Tiny, Bittersweet Farewell
- Morning: Edinburgh Castle. Okay, this time, I’m prepared. I buy my ticket, I listen to the tour guide, I marvel at the crown jewels, and I have a moment of genuine awe. It's spectacular. The stories, the history, the sheer weight of the place… it's truly moving.
- Emotional Reaction: Standing on the ramparts, staring out at the city, I feel a pang of… something. Sadness? That my trip is ending? The weird feeling that I'm leaving a tiny piece of myself behind? Probably all of the above.
- Afternoon: Last-minute souvenir shopping. More tartan. More shortbread. More… things I probably don't need. I also try one last scone. It is decent. Progress!
- Late Afternoon / Early Evening: Back to the Aparthotel. Packing. Feeling vaguely melancholy. My judgmental fridge seems to be silently judging my packing skills. I have a last fish and chips and one more pint.
- Evening: Head off to the airport, and fly back home.
Overall:
Edinburgh, you weird, wonderful, slightly-crazy city. You’ve challenged me, annoyed me, fed me terrible scones, and left me utterly charmed. The Holyrood Aparthotel? My home, my fortress, my temporary kingdom. I’ll miss the bed. I’ll miss the crisp Edinburgh air. I’ll even miss the judgmental fridge. (Okay, maybe not). It's been messy, it's been real, and it's been… perfect, in its own imperfect way. Would I come back? Absolutely. Will I plan better next time? Probably not.
Now if you'll excuse me, I need to find somewhere to buy more crisps for my judgmental fridge.
Escape to Paradise: Uncover the Hidden Gem of Calluna Villa, Malang!So, Holyrood Heaven... what *is* it, exactly? Like, a hotel? An apartment? I'm confused already.
Okay, picture this: you're swanning around Edinburgh, thinking you're all that, and you *don't* want some tiny, soul-sucking hotel room. You want space! You want a kitchen! You want… well, a little bit of home, but, you know, in *Edinburgh*. That’s Holyrood Heaven. It's an aparthotel. Basically, stylish apartments with hotel-like services. Think fancy, but with your own little kingdom to rule. We're talking living rooms, kitchens (essential for cheapskates like myself!), and generally much more room than a standard hotel room. Think of it as a grown-up's playhouse with a seriously impressive view of Arthur's Seat.
Location, location, location! Is it actually *near* anything interesting? Or am I going to be traipsing miles to find a decent pint?
Dude, the location is a *massive* win. Holyrood *is* the name. You're practically spitting distance from the Royal Mile. Seriously, throw a haggis (probably not a good idea, but you *could*) and it'd likely land in front of a pub. Holyrood Palace? Check. Scottish Parliament? Check. Arthur's Seat trails? Double check! You’re in the thick of it, without feeling overwhelmed. The only real downside? You're going to be tempted to spend all day wandering the historical stuff, and miss what's even happening in the city now. That's a personal problem, though.
What are the apartments *actually* like? Are we talking IKEA special or something a little… fancier?
Okay, full disclosure: I'm fussy. And I. Hate. Cheap. Design. So, *thankfully*, it's not IKEA Hell. The apartments themselves are pretty damn stylish. Think modern, with a nod to Scottish heritage, but without going all, you know, *kilt* crazy. Clean lines, comfy furniture, and, crucially, well-equipped kitchens. (Because, again, cheapskate.) We're talking proper appliances, not just a sad microwave. And the little touches - decent coffee machine, nice toiletries - they make all the difference. Honestly, I'd live there, if I could afford it. Which, let's be honest, I can't. But still... dreamy.
How do I actually *book* this place? (And are there any hidden fees that will make me weep?)
Booking's pretty standard: their website, booking.com, Expedia, the usual suspects. Do your homework and shop around for the best price, obvs. As for hidden fees... well, I hate those as much as you do. Always read the small print, but, generally, it should be pretty straightforward. They're not trying to sting you… at least, they didn't sting *me*. Just make sure you know what's included – like cleaning and things.
Is there parking? Because Edinburgh parking is a *nightmare*.
Ah, the bane of every driver's existence in Edinburgh. Yes, they *do* have parking, which is a HUGE win. It’s not free, sadly (welcome to the real world!), but it's on-site and convenient. Book it in advance, though, because spaces fill up. However, let me go off on a tangent... driving in Edinburgh? Honestly, if you can possibly avoid it, *do*. The city is incredibly walkable, and the public transport is decent. Think about it... you'll be saving yourself a load of stress (and potential parking tickets, which, believe me, are brutal!). I ended up using a cab, and it cost just as much as parking. You can blame me.
What's the deal with the cleaning? Do I have to scrub the loo myself? (Please say no!)
Thank. God. No. Cleaning is included. (Unless, you know, you trash the place, then you *might* be in trouble.) They'll do a basic clean during your stay, and a proper one when you leave. It's one of the perks of the aparthotel life. Honestly, the thought of scrubbing a toilet on vacation makes me want to weep. So, yeah, the cleaning thing is a HUGE plus in my book. One less thing to worry about.
Okay, what's the breakfast situation? Is it a buffet? Do they do a decent Full Scottish? (Important questions!)
Alright, food. THIS is where it gets interesting... and slightly messy. They *do* offer breakfast. It's not a massive, gluttonous buffet, thankfully. It's a continental style, but they have all the essentials: pastries, cereal, fruit, and a selection of hot items. It’s pretty decent, perfectly adequate. I have a confession though... I only ate breakfast there *once*. I had grand plans of cooking my own full Scottish in the apartment's kitchen, but, you know, life. I was too lazy. So, I just went to a cafe down the street. But if you're into having a civilized breakfast, you'll be fine!
What about the *view*? I've seen photos. Is it actually as good as they say? Because marketing lies.
Okay, this is where Holyrood Heaven delivers. The view... is stunning. Seriously, jaw-dropping. I got a room with a view of Arthur's Seat, and, honestly, I spent a good chunk of my time just staring out the window. The photos don't actually do it justice. You can watch the sunrise, the clouds roll in... It's a seriously calming experience, until you realize you're supposed to be *doing* something with your vacation. But the point is, it's spectacular. Get a room with a view, DO IT. Your Instagram followers will thank you. Trust me. (Okay, maybe not. But still...)
Did you find any hidden gems nearby? Like, a secret pub or a really good coffee shop? Dish the dirt!
Okay, this might sound silly, but I actually *didn't* find any *secret* gems. That'sGlobe Stay Finder