Islamabad's Dream Inn: Hidden Gem E-11 Guest House You NEED to Book!
Islamabad's Dream Inn: Hidden Gem E-11 Guest House - Seriously, You NEED to Book This Place! (My Honest Review, Rant & Rave!)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea (and maybe a little chai latte) about the Dream Inn in E-11, Islamabad. Forget those bland, cookie-cutter hotels – this place? This place is… different. It's a hidden gem, a quirky oasis, and honestly, after a week of Islamabad traffic and bureaucratic red tape, it felt like I'd stumbled into a dream. Or at least, a dream inn. Get it? Okay, moving on…
First Impressions & Access (and Holy Cow, Traffic!)
Finding the Dream Inn wasn’t too bad, thankfully. E-11 is generally accessible, though navigating Islamabad's glorious, yet utterly chaotic, traffic can be a feat in itself. (Getting Around: Airport Transfer, Car Parking, Taxi Service – all covered, thankfully!) And let's be real, if they didn't offer an airport transfer, I'd have probably walked… all the way back to the airport. The car park (free, on-site!) was a godsend, especially after navigating the endless roundabouts. Now, Accessibility: I didn't specifically check for full wheelchair accessibility, but the ground floor looked promising, and the Elevator was a major plus. I'd recommend contacting them directly if full accessibility is a must-have.
Cleanliness, Safety & the COVID-Conscious Traveler (Phew!)
This is where the Dream Inn really shines. I mean, I’m a germaphobe at the best of times, so cleanliness is paramount. And these guys delivered! Everything felt spotless. They're clearly going above and beyond with their COVID protocols. (Cleanliness and safety: Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer everywhere, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter – check, check, check!) The rooms are sanitized between stays, which is a huge relief. The staff clearly understood and were extremely diligent in their precautions, which instantly made me feel safer. (Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment).
Rooms: My Personal Oasis (and a Small Peeve!)
Okay, let's talk rooms. My room was… well, dreamy. Seriously. (Available in all rooms: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes – yes! – Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Wi-Fi [free] – and much more!) The bed was HUGE, and the blackout curtains were a lifesaver for chasing that jet lag. The Wi-Fi [free] was actually decent - a HUGE win! I even had a little seating area where I could, you know, pretend I was productive instead of just staring out the window at the… well, the Islamabad skyline. Seriously, that view. Chef's kiss.
Now, my small peeve? While the Complimentary tea and coffee were a lovely touch, the in-room coffee wasn’t strong enough. But hey, that’s what the in-house Coffee shop is for, right? And I’m not complaining too much, given the overall experience.
Dining, Drinking & Snacking: Fueling the Pakistani Adventure!
The Dream Inn caters to a variety of culinary desires. (Dining, drinking, and snacking: A la carte in restaurant, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant). I had a phenomenal Asian breakfast one morning. The Buffet in restaurant? A must. Their paratha was the best I'd had in Pakistan! The juices were fresh, and the coffee, well, was much better than the in-room stuff. They also had a poolside bar, which was perfect for unwinding after a long day of meetings (and dealing with the aforementioned traffic). The room service [24-hour] saved me more than once!
My Favorite "Double Down" Experience: The Pool! (With a View!)
Okay, this is where the dream really hit home. Forget the gym. Forget the sauna, spa and hot tub (although they have those options too!). I’m talking about the pool with view! Their outdoor pool is absolutely gorgeous. It's the perfect place to soak in the sun, sip a mocktail (or something stronger, if you’re feeling bold), and just… breathe. Seriously, that pool was my sanctuary. One afternoon, I swear I spent three hours just floating there, watching the clouds drift by. It was pure bliss. And that, my friends, is the Dream Inn's core advantage. The pool isn't just a perk; it's an experience. It's the thing you'll remember, the thing you’ll crave, the thing that makes this guest house more than just a place to sleep.
Things to Do & (Ways to) Relax: Beyond the Pool
While I spent a lot of time in the pool, there's more to the Dream Inn than just aquatic relaxation. (Things to do, ways to relax: Fitness center, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]). They have a decent-sized fitness center, which I sadly didn’t use (too busy floating, you know?), and a Spa/sauna. I didn’t get a massage – next time! – but I heard great things. This guest house caters to those who want to unwind and those who want to work out.
Services and Conveniences: Making Life Easier
The Dream Inn is all about making your stay comfortable. (Services and conveniences: Air conditioning in public area, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Safety deposit boxes, Terrace). The Concierge was super helpful with tips and recommendations. The Contactless check-in/out process was smooth and efficient (especially appreciated since I'm awkward with human interaction). They even have a convenience store if you need any essentials. Their Daily housekeeping was impeccable.
For the Kids (and Maybe the Kid in You)
While I didn’t travel with kids, I noticed they have Family/child friendly options, including a Babysitting service and Kids meal. They are also equipped with a Kids Facilities.
Getting Around:
They have a Airport transfer, Car parking available (free) and Taxi services which is very convenient for travelers.
The Little Touches (and the Big Picture)
What really sets the Dream Inn apart is the attention to detail. Little things like the complimentary water bottles and the friendly, attentive staff made all the difference. Everyone was genuinely warm and helpful. They felt like they cared. That's a rare find in the hospitality world. (Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour], Smoke alarms, Soundproof rooms).
The “Dream”-Worthy Offer (And Why You NEED to Book!)
Okay, let's cut to the chase. You are reading this right now. You're probably looking for a great place to stay in Islamabad. STOP LOOKING. Seriously.
Here's the Deal: Book your stay at the Dream Inn: Hidden Gem E-11 Guest House before [Date/Time] and receive:
- 15% off your entire stay.
- A complimentary welcome drink at the poolside bar (because you deserve it!).
- Guaranteed early check-in (subject to availability, BUT I'll put in a good word for you!).
- Access to the best dang pool view in Islamabad.
Why book the Dream Inn?
- Unbeatable value: Luxurious amenities at a surprisingly reasonable price.
- Exceptional cleanliness and safety: Peace of mind in a post-COVID world.
- A truly relaxing experience: The pool, the spa, the general vibe… it's all designed to help you unwind.
- Friendly and attentive staff: They genuinely care about your stay.
- Location, Location, Location: Easy access to everything Islamabad has to
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to embark on my totally unhinged, probably-slightly-inaccurate, and definitely-opinionated guide to surviving (and maybe thriving?) in the Dream Inn Guest House E-11 Islamabad. Prepare for a rollercoaster of emotions, questionable decisions, and the potential for serious street food cravings. Let's go!
The Dream Inn Debacle: My Islamabad Adventure (aka, Pray for Me)
Day 1: Arrival – Jet Lag, Jitters, and Questionable Chai
- 7:00 AM (or maybe 8:00 AM, who’s counting?): Landed in Islamabad. The sheer scale of the airport was intimidating. Like, seriously, I felt like a tiny ant in a concrete jungle. Found a local taxi driver who insisted he knew the "shortest, safest route" to the Dream Inn. I think he took a detour through Narnia, judging by the road signs.
- 9:00 AM (ish): Arrived at the Dream Inn. Okay, it's… rustic. Let's go with that. The lobby was a chaotic symphony of ringing phones, frantic hand gestures, and the faint aroma of… something. Incense? Curry? Mystery. The receptionist, a charming young man named Ahmed, had the world-weary air of someone who'd seen things. "Welcome, madam," he said with a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes. "Your room is ready… mostly."
- 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Room Reconnaissance & Mild Panic: My room. Ah, yes. The "room." It was… compact. Clean-ish. The air conditioning definitely worked, which was a godsend. The bed looked vaguely suspicious. I, naturally, immediately checked for bed bugs. (No luck, thankfully, but the anxiety was real.) Spent the next hour arranging my belongings in a way that made the minuscule space feel less prison-like. This took a long time because I have way too many chargers.
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Chai Crisis: Ahmed recommended the "best chai in Islamabad" at a local cafe nearby. Walked there, got lost twice (thankfully, Google Maps wasn't completely useless). The chai. Oh, the chai. It was… strong. Like, "will-power-your-way-through-a-three-day-conference" strong. I drank it. I had to. I felt my eyelids getting heavy. This is not how a tourist should function
- 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Nap Time. (Critical.) Jet lag is a beast. Slept for a solid two hours. Woke up sweating and disoriented. I think I need to drink another chai.
- 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Dinner hunt. Failed. The streets outside Dream Inn were bustling. I, on the other hand, was… timid. The volume was overwhelming, the smells were confusing, and I couldn’t decode a single menu. Ended up with a stale biscuit I found in my bag. (Don't judge.)
- 5:00 PM - Bedtime: Planning or Panic? Attempted to plan my explorations in Islamabad. Watched YouTube tours. Realized I knew absolutely nothing. Panicked. Reached out a friend from Islamabad to make me feel better.
Day 2: Faisal Mosque, Food Fiascos, and a Lesson in Patience
- 7:00 AM: Unsuccessful Breakfast Adventure: Dream Inn’s complimentary breakfast: a plate of toast and a fried egg that looked like it had endured a rough life. Ate it anyway. Needed fuel for today’s adventures.
- 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM: Faisal Mosque – Mind. Blown. Okay, this was amazing. The sheer scale of the mosque, the intricate details, the peaceful atmosphere… breathtaking. Felt a surge of emotional overwhelm that made me teary
- 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM: The "Road Trip" Debacle. Hired a car to take me to a place I didn't pronounce properly. Got completely lost. Driver kept saying, "Inshallah!" which, I'm realizing, can mean anything from "we'll get there eventually" to "good luck, because we're screwed."
- 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Lunch, Take Two. I had been craving a good meal since Day 1. Found a restaurant with an English menu! Ordered a chicken dish that sounded amazing. It wasn’t. At all. The chicken was tough, the sauce was… indescribable, and the rice felt cold. Was it me? Did I do something to deserve this?
- 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Rawal Lake: Rawal Lake. It was nice. I mostly ate my biscuit.
- 4:00 PM - Dinner: Street Food Confrontation (and Victory!) Determined to conquer my fear of street food. Went for samosas, a fried dough pastry that I ate with my hands. It was delicious! All the fear was for nothing.
- 5:00 PM - Bedtime: Reflecting on what is life; and Sleep Listened to loud street sound from my room. Got my earplugs, and went to sleep.
Day 3: Margalla Hills, Unexpected Treasures, and Departure (maybe?)
- 7:00 AM - Toast of Despair: Same breakfast. Same feeling. I am getting used to this bad experience.
- 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM: Margalla Hills – Hike of Heights (and Humidity!). Decided to be adventurous. Hiked up the Margalla Hills. The views were incredible, but the humidity was a weapon. Seriously, I was sweating so much I felt like I was dissolving. Met a stray dog who adopted me as his human. Best part of the entire trip!
- 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM: Shopping for "Stuff." Went to a market, bought some trinkets, bargained (badly), and generally felt like a tourist.
- 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Lunch, Take Three. (Third time's the charm?) Found a cafe that served something I'd actually heard of: a burger. It was… okay. Not life-changing, but edible.
- 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Shopping for "Stuff." Went to a market, bought some trinkets, bargained (badly), and generally felt like a tourist.
- 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM: The "Dream Inn" Moment: Back at the Dream Inn. Saw Ahmed. He smiled, and asked how my trip was going. I smiled back. I am growing a bit fond of the little place.
- 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Dinner: Chicken Curry. Ate the Chicken Curry Ahmed recommended. Ate a lot of bread.
- 7:00 PM - Bedtime: The Goodbyes? Pack. Say goodbye to the stray dog. Contemplate staying longer. Consider the possibilities. Go to sleep, and dream of Pakistan.
- Day 4: Going Home! All good things come to an end. Heading to the airport with a heart full of memories.
Final Thoughts (and Advice):
- Embrace the Chaos: Islamabad is a whirlwind. Just let it sweep you up.
- Don't Fear the Street Food: Be brave. You might find your new favorite thing.
- Learn Some Urdu (or at least a few basic phrases): It helps. And people appreciate the effort.
- Pack Light: You'll buy stuff. Trust me.
- Talk to the Locals: They're friendly, helpful, and full of stories.
- The Dream Inn: It’s… an experience. It's not luxury, but it's cheap and cheerful. And if you're lucky, you might find a stray dog to adopt you.
- Most Importantly: Relax, be open-minded, and be prepared to laugh at yourself.
This trip was a disaster in many ways. But it was my disaster, and I wouldn't have traded it for anything. Islamabad got under my skin in a way I didn't expect. I'll be back. Probably. Eventually. Inshallah.
Seattle's South Lake Union: Unveiling the Hidden Gems of Downtown!