Sri Lanka Villa Escape: Private Infinity Pool & Family Fun!

Villa 1972-Family Room with Private Infinity Pool Malimbada Sri Lanka

Villa 1972-Family Room with Private Infinity Pool Malimbada Sri Lanka

Sri Lanka Villa Escape: Private Infinity Pool & Family Fun!

Okay, buckle up, buttercups! This isn't your grandma's travel review. We're diving headfirst into the Sri Lanka Villa Escape: Private Infinity Pool & Family Fun! experience, and trust me, it's a wild ride. Get ready for honest opinions, a sprinkle of chaos, and a whole lotta heart…

First Impressions: The Arrival and the "Oh. My. God." Moment

Forget everything you think you know about sterile hotel lobbies. This place screams Sri Lanka. The air is thick with the scent of frangipani and something else… something tantalizing. We arrived, and the staff, bless their cotton socks, were genuinely happy to see us. Like, not just "customer service" happy, but "welcome to our paradise" happy. Instant win.

The check-in was… well, let's just say "contactless" doesn't mean boring. It was smooth as butter. They even provided a cool little welcome drink – some kind of fruity concoction that tasted like sunshine in a glass. And then… we saw the pool. The infinity pool. Overlooking… well, I won't spoil it, but let's just say it's the kind of vista that makes you spontaneously utter, "Oh. My. God."

Accessibility & Safety: Feeling Safe and Seen (with a few wobbles)

Alright, let’s be real, and I'm going to be honest about the accessibility front of things. The villa itself, and the public areas – the restaurants, some of the pathways – are surprisingly good for accessibility. They provide all the necessary facilities for disabled guests. They even have an elevator in place, which is a huge deal.

Now, this is just a thought I have running through my head as I am talking about this place, I could totally see this place doing so damn well to become a fully wheelchair accessible place, and then they would have it all.

On the safety front? Stellar. The hotel has all the usual suspects – CCTV in common areas and outside, fire extinguishers, smoke alarms. They even have 24-hour security and a front desk that's always manned. They've also really gone above and beyond with COVID precautions, offering hand sanitizer everywhere and a doctor/nurse on call. The hygiene certification definitely put my mind at ease, and the staff were clearly well-trained in safety protocols. I am kind of a germaphobe, by the way, so that was a big win. They are even using anti-viral cleaning products, and rooms are sanitized between stays!

They do have all the basics on this front, the whole place is a non-smoking zone, and they even have a smoking area.

Rooms: My Personal Paradise… with a Few Quirks

Okay, the rooms. Where do I even start? First off, the view: epic. We had a private balcony, and I spent hours just staring out at the lush greenery and the… ahem… infinity pool. (Did I mention the pool?)

The amenities were pretty top-notch, honestly. Air conditioning (thank God), a mini-bar packed with goodies, a coffee/tea maker (essential for me), and even a little in-room safe. There was a ton of space, it was non-smoking (thank god again), and the bed was ridiculously comfortable.

I will say, even though the place is a godsend, there were some oddities that are so minor it's hilarious. The bathroom phone? Seriously? Who uses a bathroom phone anymore? And the… the scale! Why is there a scale in the bathroom?! Clearly, they know me. It's like, even though I'm on vacation, I can't escape the reality of my existence.

Food, Glorious Food (and the Occasional Hiccup)

The dining options were… overwhelming, in a good way. They offer Asian breakfast, international AND western cuisine, a buffet (always a crowd-pleaser), an a la carte menu, a vegetarian restaurant, a coffee shop, and even a poolside bar. Seriously, I was in heaven.

I did have a slight incident where I ordered a "salad" in the restaurant and it was, well, let's just say it was a little… adventurous. It tasted more like grass and regret than a salad. But the rest of the food? Divine. The Asian cuisine was phenomenal, and the breakfast buffet was a glorious spread of everything you could possibly want. They even offer alternative meal arrangements for dietary needs, which is a massive plus.

Things To Do: Relaxation and Adventure (but mostly relaxation)

Okay, let’s be honest, I only did one thing. I spent the majority of my time lounging by the infinity pool. But hey, no judgment, people! You've got a pool with a view, a pool bar, and a sauna. You’ve got a spa, steamroom and a gym/fitness center… and the most incredible massage options available.

They have all the spa trimmings. You can get a body wrap, body scrub, foot bath, all the works. Honestly, I could rave about the massage for literal hours. It was seriously the best massage I've ever had. I feel like I could have stayed there for days.

There are some options for adventure – things like seminars and family-style activities. But let’s be real, I was there for the R&R.

Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter

Okay, this place seriously thinks of everything. They have a currency exchange, laundry service, dry cleaning, and even an airport transfer. They have a convenience store, a gift shop, and a baby-sitting service for the kids. They offer a cash withdrawal, and I would like to give the hotel a round of applause for their fantastic business facilities, like the business center.

For the Kids and Families: It’s a Family Affair!

The Sri Lanka Villa Escape is a family-friendly haven. They have kids' facilities, kids' meals, and even babysitting services.

Getting Around: Easy Breezy

They offer airport transfer, which is a godsend, especially after a long flight. They also have car parking on-site and even car power charging stations!

The Big Selling Point: The Private Infinity Pool (and everything else)

Let's get to the meat of the matter: the private infinity pool. I mean, seriously. It's not just a pool. It's an experience. It's a feeling. It's a little slice of heaven on earth. You can swim, you can sunbathe, you can drink cocktails… you can just be. I spent hours just staring out at the view, feeling all my worries melt away.

The Offer: Your Escape Awaits!

Okay, folks, here's the deal. I’m going to make a massive offer, get yourself booked. Book yourself a room at the Sri Lanka Villa Escape: Private Infinity Pool & Family Fun! It’s a place to escape the ordinary, and to relax, to discover, and to unwind. The place is simply too good, so stop reading, and go and get yourself a room booked!!!

SEO Keywords (Because, you know, I have to):

  • Sri Lanka Villa
  • Private Infinity Pool
  • Family Fun
  • Luxury Villa Sri Lanka
  • Accessible Sri Lanka
  • Spa Sri Lanka
  • Infinity Pool Hotel
  • Family Vacation Sri Lanka
  • Best Hotels Sri Lanka
  • Luxury Resort Sri Lanka
  • Sri Lanka Accommodation
  • Wheelchair Accessible Sri Lanka
  • Hotel with Infinity Pool
  • Vacation Packages Sri Lanka
  • Sri Lanka Travel
  • Family-Friendly Hotel Sri Lanka
  • Accessible Restaurant Sri Lanka
  • Spa Hotel Sri Lanka
  • COVID-19 Safe Hotel Sri Lanka
  • Safe Dining Setup
  • Family-Friendly Pool Sri Lanka

Final Verdict: Go. Now.

Look, I’ve given you the good, the bad, and the slightly-weird. But the bottom line is simple: this place is fantastic. It’s luxurious, it’s relaxing, and it’s got a private infinity pool. Do not miss it. Go book your trip right now. You deserve it. I promise, you won't regret it. And tell them I sent ya. (Okay, maybe don't do that.) But seriously, book it.

Unleash Your Inner Beast: Dogpound Athens - Greece's Ultimate Fitness Experience

Book Now

Villa 1972-Family Room with Private Infinity Pool Malimbada Sri Lanka

Villa 1972-Family Room with Private Infinity Pool Malimbada Sri Lanka

Okay, buckle up, buttercups! This isn't your glossy travel brochure. This is real life, me trying to plan a "relaxing" trip to Villa 1972 in Malimbada, Sri Lanka. Prepare for the chaos… and maybe a few tears (probably from laughter, but who knows).

Villa 1972: Family Room with Private Infinity Pool – Let's HOPE it lives up to the hype!

Day 1: Arrival & Jet Lagged Shenanigans

  • 9:00 AM (ish) - Colombo Airport Debacle: Landed! Or, rather, tumbling out of the plane. Let's be real, I haven't slept on a red-eye in YEARS. Feeling like a dehydrated, slightly grumpy sloth. The airport smells faintly of spices and existential dread. Already considering calling the whole thing off and going back to bed. The baggage claim…OH THE BAGGAGE CLAIM. A swirling vortex of suitcases, lost souls, and the relentless hum of the air conditioning. Miraculously, our bags emerge.
  • 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM: The driver situation isn't going as planned. I booked a private transfer, but it seems like Mr. Rajapaksa is late. Great start. Ended up calling the villa. they are really helpful over the phone and a driver will be sent.
  • 10:30 AM - 2:00 PM- Road Trip of Tears (and Hopefully, Laughter): The drive. Oh. My. God. Scenic, yes. But also… chaotic. Tuk-tuks weaving like angry bees, buses belching smoke, cows casually blocking the road. My internal monologue is a battle between wide-eyed wonder and a frantic plea for this to end. The kids, predictably, have devolved into a sibling battle. The only soundtrack is a mix of Bollywood music blasting from the radio and my desperate attempts to keep the peace. We see tons of green landscapes and I love the fresh air.
  • 2:00 PM - Check-In & Immediate Pool Dive. Finally. Villa 1972. After the drive, I was hoping to hit the pool. The photos BETTER live up to the hype of the infinity pool. Well, the pool is there!! The pool is beautiful. The kids run straight for the water, and I swear, the sound of splashing is the most beautiful thing I've heard all day.
  • 2:30 PM - 4:00 PM - Naptime (ish): Okay, the jet lag is hitting hard. After a quick dip in the pool, I hit the bed. The kids are still swimming.
  • 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM - Exploring the Villa and a Culinary Adventure: We all hit the showers and start exploring. There is a beautiful garden, and we can hear birds chirping. The dinner will be served in the villa, which is great because I'm just exhausted. We ordered some Sri Lankan food, I believe it's called "kotthu". I'm hoping spices are on the mild side.
  • 6:00 PM - Bedtime Stories & Sleep: I am so sleepy. The kids loved the pool and are very excited to go to bed, so am I!

Day 2: Temple Run & Local Charm (or, the Day We Almost Got Lost… Twice)

  • 7:00 AM - Rise and Shine (or Drag Myself Out of Bed): A glorious sunrise! Maybe the jet lag is finally wearing off. Or maybe it's just the sound of exotic birds in the trees. Either way, I'm feeling…slightly less skeletal.
  • 8:00 AM - Breakfast Bliss (and a Mild Panic Attack): The villa provides breakfast, which I always love.
  • 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM - A Trip to the Temple: We planned to visit the local temple. I'm excited to see the culture and my kids are also very excited about it.
  • 12:00 PM - Lunch: After our spiritual exploration, it's time to eat. The villa has a local restaurant recommendation, and we're going there. Fingers crossed it's good.
  • 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM - Pool Time Part II: Endless Summer: The pool is calling. Nothing else needs to be said.
  • 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM - Local Village Walk: After the pool, we're going for a walk. I want to see what the area looks like.
  • 6:00 PM - Dinner and Stargazing: The villa chef is back tonight. I'm hoping to see some stars because it's a clear night.

Day 3: The "Do Nothing" Day (or, the Day I Actually Managed to Relax…Maybe)

  • 7:00 AM: Sleep In (Hallelujah!) The luxury of waking up naturally…priceless.
  • 8:00 AM: Breakfast in Bed (or at Least Close to It) I ordered breakfast to be served on the veranda. Coffee, fresh fruit, and the sound of the world waking up… pure bliss.
  • 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM - Pool Time & Book Time: I literally did nothing but swim, read my book, and watch the clouds drift by. The kids were happily playing in the pool.
  • 12:00 PM - Lunch at the Villa: We're going to order lunch in. The menu is amazing!
  • 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM - Spa Day: My goodness, I am getting a massage and my kids are getting one too.
  • 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM - Tea Time I want to try traditional tea!
  • 6:00 PM - Dinner The chef is going to cook for us tonight!

Day 4: Departure - Saying Goodbye (and Secretly Planning a Return)

  • 7:00 AM - Sad Breakfast: Because all good things…
  • 8:00 AM - One Last Swim: Just to make sure every lingering bit of stress is washed away.
  • 9:00 AM - Check Out: The inevitable…
  • 10:00 AM - Road Trip Back to Colombo: Hoping this drive is smoother than the one in the beginning.
  • 12:00 PM - Flight Home: Until we meet again, Sri Lanka!

Okay, so that's the plan. Wish me luck! I have a feeling this trip will be chaotic, beautiful, and filled with moments I'll never forget. And maybe, just maybe, I'll actually learn to relax. Or at least, not completely lose my mind. We'll see…

Williston's BEST Hotel? Super 8 Review (You WON'T Believe This!)

Book Now

Villa 1972-Family Room with Private Infinity Pool Malimbada Sri Lanka

Villa 1972-Family Room with Private Infinity Pool Malimbada Sri Lanka

Sri Lanka Villa Escape: Private Infinity Pool & Family Fun! (Or, How We Survived... Mostly) - FAQs

Okay, so, is this villa REALLY as good as it looks in the photos? Because, let's be honest, those Instagram filters are a LIE.

Alright, deep breath. The photos… yeah, they’re pretty accurate. But like, a slightly filtered, *enhanced* reality. The infinity pool? Glorious. Just… *glorious*. I’m still dreaming of mornings spent floating with a coffee, the jungle stretching out like a rumpled green blanket. However! Remember that one picture with the perfectly placed orchids? Yeah, those withered after about two days. Nature, people. Nature happens. Oh, and the monkeys? They are NOT in the brochure. We woke up one morning to a whole troop doing the laundry... okay, I’m exaggerating. But they were definitely up to some mischief, trying to steal my daughter's mango. Still, a total win overall, just… manage your expectations – and your fruit.

Tell me about this "private infinity pool." Was it actually…private? And was it clean? Because chlorine gives me the hives, you know…

Private? Mostly! Occasionally, a rogue leaf would blow in, doing a dramatic swan dive. But, yes, for all intents and purposes, it was *ours*. My kids spent approximately 80% of their waking hours in that pool. Build a palace of pillows and float your cares away. And, yes, it was kept meticulously clean. They had a proper cleaning crew, and the water was crystal clear. No hives! Just pure, unadulterated aquatic bliss. I even managed to sneak in a few nighttime swims under the stars. Seriously, the best thing ever. Forget romantic dinners; give me a moonlit dip any day.

Family Fun? My kids argue about *everything*. What's the vibe like for families? Overwhelmed with a family of 5?

Okay, listen. The villa is designed for families. HUGE rooms, plenty of space to spread out (essential for squabble-avoidance). We took a family of 5, and yes, there were moments of, shall we say, *vibrancy*. There were tears, tantrums, and the inevitable sibling rivalry. But here's the thing: the villa itself created a chilled-out mood. One day, my oldest was in a right mood. So I sent her to the pool. An hour later? She came back, sunshine radiating from her. The space gives everyone their own personal bubble. The staff were fantastic with the kids, too. Always patient, always helpful. They even taught my youngest how to make roti! Just a heads up, we lost one toy in the pool, so... pack some spares.

Speaking of staff, the reviews always rave about them. Were they *really* as amazing as everyone says? I'm worried about being overwhelmed, too...

Okay, this is the thing I can’t even tell you about. The staff. They were... *angels*. I am not exaggerating. The chef? I wanted to smuggle him home in my suitcase. He made the most incredible food. My husband and I are still talking about the fresh seafood, and I'm attempting to recreate the breakfasts. The housekeeper… she’s a ninja. The villa was spotless. And the best part? They were so discreet. They were there when you needed them, but they never hovered. Honestly, they made the whole experience a breeze. We were so relaxed! If I do remember one thing about our time, is the staff. That is the biggest win. The best people! So friendly too - asking about your day, and if you needed something. Such warm caring people. I'm missing them already.

Food! What's the food situation like? We're not super adventurous eaters. Do they cater to picky kids (and adults)?

Yes! They absolutely cater to picky eaters. The chef was incredibly accommodating. My kids lived on pasta and chicken nuggets (sigh), while my husband and I gorged ourselves on curries and fresh seafood. They’ll ask you about your preferences beforehand, and they’re happy to adjust the menu. And honestly? Even if your kids are picky, they'll probably be tempted by the fresh fruit. The mangoes are out of this world. And even the pasta was the best that my children have had. Honestly, the food situation was a major highlight. Every meal a delight!

Location, location, location! Is it remote? Are there things to do nearby? What if we get bored?

The location is secluded, but not *isolated*. It's a little drive from the busier tourist areas, which is fantastic if you want peace and quiet. But there are plenty of things to do nearby. We visited a tea plantation (spectacular!), went on a safari (saw elephants!), and spent a day at the beach (the waves are strong, watch out!). You *won't* get bored. Although, honestly, I could have happily stayed at the villa the entire time. There’s also local villages, and the staff are happy to arrange transport and suggest activities. This is a place to relax or adventure, depending on what you need. The best of both worlds.

Okay, so, the negatives? Be honest! There has to be *something*...

Alright, let's be real. There are always a few… let’s call them “minor imperfections.” The Wi-Fi wasn't the strongest, which, in theory, was great for disconnecting. But my husband *needed* to check work emails, so… yeah. He grumbled a bit. And, as I mentioned, insects are a thing. We had a few mosquito encounters, but they provide mosquito nets, and we brought our own repellent, so no biggie. Oh, and the drive to the villa can be a little… winding. Those Sri Lankan roads can be a tad perilous, but the driver was excellent, so no worries. Honestly, I'm nitpicking here. The villa itself was pretty much perfect for us. I might even book again next year.

Okay, I'm sold. But what's the *real* cost? Everything sounds amazing... is it ridiculously expensive?

This is a tricky one. "Ridiculously expensive" is subjective, right? It *is* an investment, but when you factor in the private pool, the incredible staff, the amazing food, and the overall experience… I think it's worth it. It's definitely not budget travel. You would have to check recent prices - those tend to shift around with the seasons. But think of it this way: you’re paying for an incredible, stress-free vacation where you can *actually* relax. I was saving up for months. But I’m not regretting a penny. Seriously, it was worth every single cent. So, do your research, check those prices, and start saving. You won't be disappointed. Pack your bags! And try to learn some basic phrases like 'stella', 'ayubowan' (hello!) and 'Thank you'!

Trending Hotels Now

Villa 1972-Family Room with Private Infinity Pool Malimbada Sri Lanka

Villa 1972-Family Room with Private Infinity Pool Malimbada Sri Lanka

Villa 1972-Family Room with Private Infinity Pool Malimbada Sri Lanka

Villa 1972-Family Room with Private Infinity Pool Malimbada Sri Lanka