Escape to Paradise: Adults-Only Luxury in Playa Del Carmen
Escape to Paradise: Playa del Carmen - My Honest Take (and a Few Rants)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I’m diving headfirst into Escape to Paradise: Adults-Only Luxury in Playa Del Carmen. Forget the perfectly curated Instagram feed; I'm here to give you the real deal. This isn't just a review; it's a therapy session… about a hotel.
First, the Vibe – or, My First Encounter with Bliss (and a Mild Panic Attack)
Let's be honest, "Adults-Only" is enough to sell me. I crave silence. I need silence. And Escape to Paradise? They deliver. The moment I stepped through the doors, it was like a collective exhale. No screaming kids, no rogue pool noodles, just… Zen. Pure. Unadulterated. Zen. Okay, maybe a little exaggerated, but you get the point. It’s a beautiful property, well-designed, with a calming aesthetic. My initial thought? Wow. Followed immediately by, Did I pack enough sunscreen? (I did not. Always a problem.)
Accessibility - The "Okay-ish" Zone:
Wheelchair Accessible: This is a mixed bag. They have facilities for disabled guests, and, I’m told, elevators. I did not investigate this as I am not requiring it. Seems like they are trying. Not perfect though, so definitely confirm with the hotel before booking if this is your priority. It’s Playa del Carmen, so expect some uneven surfaces outside. Accessibility Related Amenities: This is a mixed bag.
Living the High Life: The Room and its Comforts (and the Great Coffee Struggle)
My room? Available in all rooms, and let me list for you some important things: Air conditioning (bless), Bathrobes (yes!), Blackout curtains (a godsend after a margarita marathon), Coffee/tea maker (essential for the ahem mornings), Free bottled water (dehydration is real, people), Hair dryer (Hair dryer (I didn't need it, but it was there!)), Internet access – wireless (essential!), In-room safe box (peace of mind), Private bathroom, Refrigerator, Shower, Satellite/cable channels, Smoke detector, Soundproofing, Toiletries, Wifi [free].
The coffee/tea maker, however… that was a saga. The coffee sachets were tragically weak. I’m talking, barely-a-hint-of-caffeine weak. I’m a coffee snob, I admit it. But the room situation had everything else that was required.
The internet access – wireless (thank god it was free), and internet access – LAN in the rooms made life easier, I could keep up with social events, and work if I needed to.
The Food and Drink Scene: From Asian Delights to Poolside Bliss (and Maybe One Too Many Margaritas)
Dining, drinking, and snacking are not optional on vacation, right?
The restaurants were good. The A la carte in restaurant options gave me choices. The Asian cuisine in restaurant was wonderful, and I went there several times. The Bar also made cocktails. Coffee/tea in restaurant was there, but I didn't try it! The Poolside bar was the stuff of legends. Sipping a margarita while staring at the ocean? Pure. Heaven. The Breakfast [buffet] was good - it varied.
- Anecdote: One night, after a particularly blissful day, I went to the Asian Restaurant again. I swear, the sushi chef looked at me and knew I was going to order extra spicy tuna rolls. He was right. It was glorious. Then I had one too many margaritas and may have attempted to order a second helping an hour later.
- Opinion: Overall, a solid food and beverage offering, even if the coffee struggle was real.
Things to Do (or Doing Absolutely Nothing in Style):
This is where Escape to Paradise truly shines. The sheer number of options for doing absolutely nothing is phenomenal.
Ways to relax: They have a Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Massage, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor].
- The Pool with a View: This is the centerpiece. The Pool with view. I spent hours just floating, gazing at the ocean, and pretending I had no responsibilities. Seriously, melt-into-the-water levels of relaxation. The staff kept the poolside bar well stocked, and the atmosphere was laid-back.
- The Spa: Do it. Just book a massage. Trust me. I had a deep tissue massage, and it was the best decision I made all week. Pure bliss.
- Fitness center You have a Fitness center so your fitness is not compromised, because I sure didn't use it.
Cleanliness and Safety: They Clearly Give a Damn (and That Matters)
In a post-COVID world, this stuff matters.
- Anti-viral cleaning products: yep
- Cashless payment service: yep
- Daily disinfection in common areas: yep
- Hand sanitizer: yep
- Individual-wrapped food options: yep
- Professional-grade sanitizing services: yep
- Sanitized kitchen and tableware items: yep
- Staff trained in safety protocol: yep
- Rooms sanitized between stays: yep
I felt safe, and that's a huge relief.
The Little Things: Services and Conveniences (and the Mystery of the Missing Towel)
- Air conditioning in public area: essential.
- Concierge: Helpful.
- Daily housekeeping: kept my room spotless.
- Dry cleaning: Thank God.
- Elevator: present.
- Luggage storage: a lifesaver.
- Room service [24-hour]: vital for those midnight snack cravings.
Important Amenities to Note
- Additional toilet -- Thank God they had this.
- Mirror
- Wake-up service
- Window that opens -- I wanted to get some air, but didn't open it for very long.
- Desk
The Rant (and the Unexpected Joy of a Faulty Lamp)
Okay, I have a complaint, not of services but I do recall having a faulty lamp next to my bed. Now, it was a minor inconvenience, but it's these little things that can ruin a good review. Also, I noticed that the staff didn't always address me by my name, and this is a luxury resort!
Overall, the Pros Outweigh the Cons, Right?
Pros:
- Adults-Only atmosphere: Pure Bliss.
- Gorgeous property and overall vibe: Relaxing.
- Amazing pool area: Heaven.
- Excellent spa: Definitely recommend.
- Solid cleanliness and safety measures: Reassuring.
Cons/Areas for Improvement:
- Coffee… (I’m never over it!)
- Accessibility for those who need it is a bit weak.
- Minor issues (the lamp! And the name thing!)
My Verdict: Would I Go Back?
Absolutely. Despite my minor quibbles, Escape to Paradise delivered on its promise of luxury and relaxation. The pros far outweighed the cons. If you're looking for a place to unwind, recharge, and escape the chaos, this is it. It's not perfect, but it comes damn close.
The Pitch: Escape to Paradise – Your Playa Del Carmen Getaway Awaits!
Tired of screaming kids and lukewarm coffee? Longing for a getaway where tranquility reigns supreme? Escape to Paradise: Adults-Only Luxury in Playa del Carmen is calling your name!
Here's what you'll get:
- Unrivaled Relaxation: Stunning pools with ocean views, a world-class spa, and an atmosphere designed for pure bliss.
- Culinary Adventures: Savor delicious cuisine at their excellent restaurants and poolside bars.
- Impeccable Service: Experience premium comfort and the peace of mind that comes with top-notch safety protocols.
- Unforgettable Moments: Create memories that will last a lifetime with a personalized experience and curated amenities designed to cater to your every need.
But wait, there's more!
Book your stay at Escape to Paradise today and receive:
- Complimentary bottle of wine upon arrival.
- Early check-in/late check-out (subject to availability).
- Exclusive access to our VIP beach area.
Don't wait! Prices are limited, and paradise is calling. Book now and get ready to escape!
Click here to book your escape! [Insert Booking Link Here]
Escape to Paradise: Where your well-deserved relaxation begins.
SEO Keywords: Playa del Carmen, Adults-Only, Luxury Hotel, Mexico, Spa, Swimming Pool, All-Inclusive, Vacation, Getaway, Relaxation, Romantic Getaway, Honeymoon, Adults Only Resorts
Escape to Paradise: Your Gapyeong Lemon Dream Awaits!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups. This isn't your grandma's travel brochure. This is me going to Che Suites Playa, and you're just along for the ride. Prepare for a rollercoaster of emotions, questionable decisions, and a healthy dose of sunburn. Let's go!
Che Suites Playa: My Playa Del Carmen Debauchery (and hopefully, relaxation) Itinerary
Pre-Trip Freakout (Still happening):
Day -7: Panic Mode Activated. Did I pack enough sunscreen? (Spoiler: Probably not.) Did I remember my passport? (Double-check, triple-check.) Did I accidentally book this trip during SQUIRREL APPRECIATION WEEK? (I wish.) Anxiety levels are at DEFCON 1, fueled by the impending departure and the crushing weight of expectations. Specifically, the expectation that I’ll actually be able to relax. That’s a big ask, folks.
Day -3: The "What If I Get Eaten by a Shark?" Realization. Suddenly, I'm convinced every single beach I'm going to visit is infested with Jaws' evil cousins. Spent an hour watching shark attack videos. Bad idea. Very bad idea. I'm now seriously considering investing in a shark-repelling outfit. (Seriously, are those a thing?)
Packing: The Great Debate. Okay, so I'm notoriously over-packer. I'm currently facing a wardrobe crisis. Do I need three different shades of turquoise? (The answer, naturally, is YES.) Deciding between the "chic beach goddess" vibe versus the "lost tourist who just wants to eat tacos" look is tearing me apart. Decided to pack both, obviously. Because options.
Day 1: Arrival and Immediate Gratification (aka, Tequila)
1:00 PM: Landfall! Arrived at the Cancun airport. The humidity slapped me in the face like a wet towel. Instantly regretted the jeans. Taxi ride to Playa Del Carmen…a blur of honking, colorful buildings, and the overwhelming desire for a margarita.
2:30 PM: Che Suites - OMG, this place is CUTE! Seriously. The photos did NOT do it justice. (Unlike most hotels.) The pool is calling my name. Checked in, received a welcome cocktail – which I promptly slurped down in approximately 30 seconds. No regrets.
3:00 PM: Poolside Bliss (kind of). Found a prime spot by the pool. Ordered a second margarita. (Don't judge me, it's vacation!) Attempted to read my book, but the sun, the cocktails, and the general vibe of "no responsibilities" quickly lulled me into a semi-conscious state. This is the life. Except…the music. It's a repetitive, slightly annoying reggaeton beat that's starting to burrow into my brain. Trying to embrace the rhythm; failing miserably.
5:00 PM: First Taco Triumph. Walked down to 5th Avenue. The first thing I laid eyes on…the promise of tacos. Found a tiny, unassuming place. Ordered everything. Ate until I could barely breathe. Life is good. Seriously, SO good.
7:00 PM: Sunset Stroll (and potential sunburn). Walked the beach. Watched the sunset. Felt a moment of genuine, unadulterated happiness. Also realized I'd forgotten to reapply sunscreen. Oops. My nose is already starting to resemble a ripe tomato.
8:30 PM: Dinner Disaster (slightly). Tried a "fancy" restaurant. Ordered something I couldn't pronounce. Realized I’m way more comfortable in a taco stand. The food was…mediocre. The service was slow. The only highlight? The people-watching. Some seriously strange characters wandering around. Made for some entertaining, albeit silent, commentary with myself.
10:00 PM: Margarita Revenge. Back to the pool bar. More margaritas. More reggaeton. Accepting the beat, finally. Feeling slightly tipsy, very happy, and remarkably carefree. This is what vacation is all about.
Day 2: Exploring (and more tacos)
9:00 AM: Regretful Sunburn Awakening. Woke up with a ferocious headache and a lobster-red nose. Lesson learned: Sunscreen is YOUR FRIEND. Chugging water and vowing to be more responsible.
10:00 AM: Breakfast Bites (and Coffee Savior). The hotel breakfast was pretty decent. Scrambled eggs, fresh fruit…and the coffee. SAVIOR. I needed that caffeine boost to combat the hangover.
11:00 AM: Adventure Time! (Or, the Cenote Quest) Signed up for a tour to a local cenote - a natural sinkhole. The tour guide was a bubbly woman who really loved her job. The cenote was absolutely magical, the water stunning. I almost drowned from laughing so hard because the tour guide kept calling the fish "little aquatic friends". I'm not sure how I feel about being in what looks like a natural swimming pool that's also a cave, but… it was incredibly beautiful.
1:00 PM: The Taco Addiction Continues. Found another tiny, even more unassuming taco place. It had a red neon sign in Spanish that I couldn't read, but everyone was eating there. Best. Tacos. EVER. I ate three. More. (No regrets.)
3:00 PM: The Great Snorkeling Mishap. Snorkeling! Found a decent looking spot, and figured I'd give it a whirl. Apparently, I'm not a very good snorkeler. Kept getting water in my mask. Panicked a bit when I thought I saw a giant fish coming – turns out it was a normal one. But still… underwater panic attack. Took a break, got my bearings, and tried again. Success! Saw some colorful fish. Felt a tiny moment of triumph.
5:00 PM: Attempted Relaxation (Again). Back to the pool. Attempted to read my book again. Was distracted by cute couple. Found myself people-watching, making up stories about their romance. I'm a sucker for love stories.
7:00 PM: The Lost Tourist (and the accidental purchase) Decided to wander around alone. Found a cute little souvenir shop. Wandered out with a decorative skull that may or may not fit in my suitcase. Impulse buys, am I right?
8:30 PM: Dinner and Dancing? Probably not. Contemplating a quiet night in with my skull - I think it's starting to judge me. Let's be real, I'm probably going to end up ordering room service, and passing out.
Day 3: The Day My Inner Chill Was Found!
10:00 AM: The Day of no Plans. Sleep. Glorious, wonderful sleep. Woke up without an alarm. Decided to do nothing.
11:00 AM: The Spa Escape. Went to the hotel spa. Got a massage. Felt like I was melting into a puddle of pure bliss. Worth every penny. Seriously, the best money I've spent this entire trip. I could get used to this whole "spa day" thing.
1:00 PM: Poolside Realization. Ate lunch by the pool, finally finding that zen-like state I'd been chasing. The reggaeton music actually sounded…okay. The people around me were friendly. The sun was warm. I actually relaxed.
3:00 PM: The Return of the Tacos. Of course. Obsessed. I went back to my favorite taco spot. The guy behind the counter remembered me, and chuckled. I ordered extra.
5:00 PM: Playa Del Carmen Sunset - Part Two! Went to the beach again. Walked along the shore, finally getting those "perfect Instagram photos," the ones I was secretly trying to achieve. Watched the sunset, actually appreciated the sheer beauty of it.
7:00 PM: Dinner and Drinks… (Sort of). Had dinner at a beach bar, and it was perfect. Soft music, gentle breeze, and the sound of the waves. Ended up chatting with a local couple, and had some great conversations.
9:00 PM: Bedtime, Maybe. Went back to my room, and felt that happiness mixed with exhaustion after a good day, and fell asleep almost immediately.
Day 4: Departure and the Tears (probably) :
9:00 AM : Breakfast Tears. Realizing it is almost over. Ate breakfast slowly, savouring every bite.
10:00 AM: Last-Minute Beach Time! One last walk on the beach. One last dip in the ocean. Said goodbye to my little aquatic fish friends.
11:00 AM: Packing (with a heavy heart). Attempting to pack, but already dreading leaving. Contemplating extending
Escape to Paradise: Playa Del Carmen – Let's Get Real (and a Little Messy)
Okay, spill the beans... Is "Escape to Paradise" *really* as good as the website says?
Alright, alright, buckle up. The website? Yeah, it's got the good angles. The truth? It's…complicated. Look, it's *gorgeous*. Think Instagram-worthy infinity pools you actually *can* swim in (not just pose by). The rooms? Legitimately luxurious. I mean, I'm talking walk-in showers big enough to host a small dance party (I may or may not have tested this theory while humming show tunes, don't judge).
But… and there's always a but, right? The "adults-only" thing? Mostly true. I did hear a squeak from a neighboring balcony one evening – which might've been a seagull. Or a very enthusiastic honeymooner. Either way, the quiet seclusion is mostly achieved. Mostly.
So, the verdict? Good. Really good. But perfection? Nah. And honestly, that's what makes it human and likeable.
Let's talk food. Is the all-inclusive worth it? I'm a picky eater.
Oh, the food. This is where things get interesting. The all-inclusive? Financially, yeah, probably worth it. You're never *really* going to escape the cost of those extra cocktails and the *endless* guac. Speaking of which... the guacamole. Divine. Seriously, I'm dreaming about it right now.
Picky eaters, listen up: You'll find *something*. They have the usual suspects – burgers, pasta, grilled fish. But the 'themed' restaurants are a crapshoot. One night was "Italian", but the lasagna tasted suspiciously like it had been sitting under a heat lamp since the dinosaurs roamed the earth. (Okay, maybe not *that* long, but you get the idea). Another night? Brilliant. Just… hit or miss. That’s the truth.
My advice? Embrace the buffet for breakfast and lunch. Focus on the delicious fruit, and go with your gut. Oh, and don't be afraid to order a second plate of guacamole. Trust me. You'll thank me later.
What's the vibe? Is it all couples canoodling, or is there some fun to be had for a solo traveler?
Okay, here's the straight talk. It’s loaded with couples. So, if you're single and hoping to find a soulmate, you might want to look elsewhere. But! That *doesn’t* mean solo travelers are out of luck. I went solo (by choice, not by circumstance, I swear!) and had a blast.
The vibe is generally chilled-out luxury. Think sunbathing, reading, sipping cocktails, and occasionally getting up to stretch your legs. The pool bar is your friend – it encourages casual conversation. The staff is super friendly and can turn into surprisingly good company when I was feeling lonely.
My biggest "solo" moment? One afternoon, I ended up chatting with a group of women who were celebrating a huge anniversary together. Suddenly, I was included in their daily routine. It felt real, and unexpected and a little bit the point of the whole journey.
The beach... is it actually nice? And is it ever not crowded?
The beach. Okay. It *is* beautiful. Really. White sand, turquoise water… it’s postcard-perfect stuff. HOWEVER… Playa del Carmen is popular. Like, *really* popular. So, expect some crowds. Especially at peak times. I remember one day I went down to the beach at *dawn* thinking I'd have it all to myself. Nope. There. Was. Already. A. Person. with a beach chair. I just stared at the sea. Defeated.
The hotel has a designated beach area, which helps, but it's not *your* private beach, okay? But the sand is soft, the water is warm, and the sunsets... Oh, the sunsets. Just try to find a spot away from the screaming kids. Did I mention it was adults-only? Mostly.
What about the activities? Are there any beyond lounging?
Activities? Yes, there are. They offer the usual suspects – snorkeling, some organized tours to the ancient ruins, a spa day (which, by the way, is worth every penny. So. Relaxing.). But honestly? I spent most of my time lounging. And reading. And, for research purposes, sampling the cocktails. Repeatedly.
The real highlight, for me? I signed up for a cooking class. I'm not a natural in the kitchen, let's just say that. I managed to burn the onions. But the chef? The chef was amazing and hilarious, and kept me smiling the entire time. And by the end of the class? The results were amazing, and I was so happy. And hungry.
So, yes, there's stuff to do. But don't feel pressured to do *everything*. Sometimes, the best activity is doing nothing at all.
Let's dive into the room: What was *your* room like? Any 'gotchas' to be aware of?
My room? Oh man, my room. It was... a suite. With a balcony overlooking the ocean. Which meant I got to watch the sunrise every morning. Which, in turn, meant I got to experience the best part of the hotel. It even had its own hot tub. Yes, a personal hot tub. I spent a ridiculous amount of time in that hot tub, listening to the ocean and plotting my next move.
Gotcha: The Wi-Fi can be a bit dodgy, especially in certain areas. So, if you're heavily reliant on streaming, pack a book. (You *should* be ditching the screen anyway!). Also, the mini-bar is "restocked daily", but sometimes, the person restocking missed the mark. I survived on diet coke and small water bottles. (Okay, and maybe a few sneaky snacks from the buffet.)
But honestly? Minor quibbles. The room itself was a haven. Pure bliss. And it made me feel like a star. Maybe that's how they make you feel like a superstar.
So, overall, would you go back? Any regrets?
Would I go back? In a heartbeat. Despite the occasional lukewarm lasagna, the crowded beach, the spotty Wi-Fi, and the slight feeling of being outnumbered by couples, the good far outweighs the bad.
Regrets? Only that I didn't stay longer! I should have booked for another week, just to really bask in the luxury. And consume more guacamole. Seriously. I may have had a little too much tequila, but hey, you onlyHotel Blog Guru