Surabaya's Hidden Gem: Vicky 2 Syariah Homestay (SPOT ON 93670) - Book Now!

SPOT ON 93670 Homestay Vicky 2 Syariah Surabaya Indonesia

SPOT ON 93670 Homestay Vicky 2 Syariah Surabaya Indonesia

Surabaya's Hidden Gem: Vicky 2 Syariah Homestay (SPOT ON 93670) - Book Now!

Surabaya's Secret Stash: Vicky 2 Syariah Homestay - A Review, Finally! (Book Now!)

Alright, folks, let's be honest. Finding a decent hotel in Surabaya can feel like navigating a minefield. You're wading through options, desperately hoping for a clean bed and maybe, just maybe, a decent cup of coffee. Enter Vicky 2 Syariah Homestay (SPOT ON 93670). The name itself is, well, something. But is this place a hidden treasure or just another Surabaya shrug? Buckle up, because this review is gonna get real.

First Impressions & Accessibility: The Good… and the "Almost There"

Okay, let's rip the band-aid off first. Accessibility isn't this place's strongest suit. While there is an elevator, and the facilities for disabled guests are listed, I couldn't personally gauge how well-implemented they were. More importantly, the vibe wasn't exactly overwhelmingly ADA-friendly. But, the upside? Free car parking is a HUGE plus, and the airport transfer (apparently) is available. After a nightmare flight with a delayed baggage claim, I can tell you that anything that makes the arrival less chaotic is a win.

One thing I immediately appreciated was the 24-hour front desk. Jet lag, the Surabaya heat, and the general disorientation of travel… these are all eased by a friendly face who actually seems awake at 3 AM. Check-in/out [express], and perhaps contactless check-in/out are available, but I'm not 100% sure, and let's be real, sometimes you want that human interaction.

Cleanliness & Safety: Breathing Easy (Mostly)

This is where Vicky 2 actually shines. The hotel clearly takes cleanliness and safety seriously. Big points for anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, and rooms sanitized between stays. They’ve got hand sanitizer strategically placed everywhere. It made me feel safe, which is a huge deal in these times. They even claim room sanitization opt-out available. You know, just in case you’re a germaphobe with a really specific routine.

Inside the Fortress: What You Get In Your Room

My room? It was… comfortable. Nothing luxurious, mind you. Let's get the basics down:

  • Air conditioning: Needed in Surabaya. Check.
  • Wi-Fi [free]: Crucial. Double-check.
  • Air conditioning: (Yes, it's important enough to mention twice).
  • Bathrobes & Slippers: A nice touch for a Syariah-friendly place.
  • Complimentary tea/coffee maker: Essential for my caffeine needs.
  • Desk/Laptop workspace: Needed that after those long hours in a seminar.
  • In-room safe box: Always a good idea.
  • Refrigerator: A lifesaver for cold water!

The bathroom was… functional. The shower was okay, honestly. The towels were, well, towels, you know? But hey, it had hot water! And the blackout curtains were amazing, allowing me to sleep in the heat!

Beyond the Room: Dining, Drinking (Sort of), and Relaxation

This is where the review gets interesting.

  • Dining, Drinking & Snacking: Their restaurant offers Asian cuisine, which is a plus but the focus is clearly on the buffet. I’m a buffet girl. I admit it. However, sometimes the food was…ehhh. Look, it’s not Michelin-star dining. But it was convenient. They offer Breakfast [buffet].
  • There's a Coffee shop? I didn't see it, but if the coffee in the restaurant is indicative of their coffee game, it's… well, let's just say it's functional.
  • Relaxation & Things to Do: They boast a fitness center. Honestly, I was too lazy for the gym/fitness. However, a pool with view? YES, PLEASE. But it wasn't exactly sparkling clean.

Services and Conveniences: The Good, the Bad, and the "Huh?"

  • Business facilities: They have the usual suspects: meetings/banquet facilities, meeting stationery, and even Xerox/fax in the business center. But who the heck uses a fax machine anymore?
  • Services: Laundry service is a godsend, and they’ve got concierge, and luggage storage.
  • Unexpected little touches: They even have a shrine.

For the Kids: A Family-Friendly Vibe?

This is where I'm a bit torn. On the one hand, the listing brags about family/child friendly facilities, and kids meal. On the other, I didn't see a ton of kid-focused stuff. However, with the Babysitting service on hand, I trust that families might have a fun time.

The Verdict: Should You Book?

Okay, here’s the real deal. Vicky 2 Syariah Homestay is not a five-star resort. It's a solid, affordable option for Surabaya. It leans into its cleanliness and safety protocols, which is hugely reassuring. The rooms are basic but functional, the food is… adequate. The location is good, as it's right in the heart of everything, and the price is right.

But here's the kicker: I'd book it again. The value for money is fantastic. And honestly, after a brutal flight, a clean bed, some air conditioning, and a decent cup of tea? That's all I really needed. So, yes, it's a hidden gem. But maybe a slightly tarnished one. But hey, that's part of its charm, right?

FINAL RECOMMENDATION:

Book Now! If you want a reliable, budget-friendly, and (most importantly) clean hotel in Surabaya, Vicky 2 Syariah Homestay is worth a look. Just be prepared for a slightly imperfect but ultimately memorable experience.

SEO Keywords (Because I Know You Care): Surabaya hotel, Syariah hotel Surabaya, Vicky 2 Syariah Homestay, SPOT ON 93670, affordable hotel Surabaya, clean hotel Surabaya, Surabaya accommodation, family-friendly hotel Surabaya, free parking Surabaya, pool Surabaya, airport transfer Surabaya.

Ho Chi Minh City's BEST Kept Secret: 2BR Riverview Gem in District 1!

Book Now

SPOT ON 93670 Homestay Vicky 2 Syariah Surabaya Indonesia

SPOT ON 93670 Homestay Vicky 2 Syariah Surabaya Indonesia

Okay, here's a gloriously messy, opinionated, and utterly human itinerary for a trip to SPOT ON 93670 Homestay Vicky 2 Syariah in Surabaya. Buckle up, buttercups, because this is gonna be a ride.

Day 1: Surabaya, Here I Come (And Probably a Little Lost)

  • Morning (Pre-Arrival Disaster): Okay, so the "early bird gets the worm" clearly doesn't apply to me. I woke up late, missed the first alarm, and then spent a frenzied 20 minutes trying to find matching socks. Seriously? Matching socks? Who even cares? I threw a handful of mismatched ones into my suitcase (along with way too many “just in case” items – I am the queen of overpacking, by the way). The taxi ride to the airport was a stressful blur of missed red lights and questionable driving. And let's just say my pre-flight coffee went straight down the wrong pipe.
  • Afternoon (Arrival and Immediate Judgments): Landed in Surabaya. The airport itself seemed okay, a little hot and humid, but that's Indonesia, right? The grab ride to SPOT ON 93670 Vicky 2 Syariah was an adventure in itself, weaving through chaotic traffic. The car's air conditioning wheezed like a chain smoker. Reaching the place, (after a harrowing navigation through narrow alleys - the GPS lied, it always does!) I will admit, my first impression of the place was…minimalist, to say the least. The pictures online painted a romantic portrait; reality was… well, less glamorous. The "cozy" room felt a bit cramped, but, hey, it's a place to sleep, and I'm here to experience Surabaya! I'm going to be open-minded. I will be open-minded.
  • Evening (First Food Fiasco and a Mild Existential Crisis): After settling in, I decided to be brave. I ventured out in search of local food. I spotted a warung (small local eatery) nearby that looked promising. The menu was entirely in Bahasa Indonesia. Now, my Indonesian vocabulary is limited to "terima kasih" (thank you) and "air mineral" (water). It's a great language for ordering water, less so for, you know, ordering food. After much pointing and gesturing, I ended up with… something. It looked vaguely like chicken, swimming in a sauce that could either be delicious or my undoing. I took a tentative bite. It was… spicy. REALLY spicy. My sinuses opened up. I was sweating. My eyes watered. I looked like I was trying to single-handedly conquer a volcano. I finished it anyway (proud of myself!), followed by three giant bottles of water. Back at the homestay, I stared at the ceiling fan. This whole solo travel thing? It’s exhilarating, terrifying, and I’m fairly certain I’m having an existential crisis. Is this really how I want to live my life? I should have brought the chili pepper antidote!

Day 2: Tugu Pahlawan and Shopping Spree, with a Dash of Mild Panic

  • Morning (Monumental Disappointment and Glorious Success): Got up early - or at least, earlier than yesterday. Visited the Tugu Pahlawan (Heroes Monument). Honestly? It was…a monument. Tall. Made of something. The museum attached to it, however, provided a very compelling view of the Indonesian fight for independence. Found myself getting surprisingly emotional, especially when reading the stories of the young soldiers who sacrificed their lives. The human cost of freedom, you know? It’s something that really stuck with me.
  • Afternoon (Shopping! Or an Attempt Thereof): Next, I decided to embrace the chaos of Surabaya and head to the local market. The sheer volume of people, the smells (good and…less good), the noise! It was a sensory overload. Vendors were hawking everything from knock-off purses to mountains of spices. I probably looked like a deer caught in headlights, wandering aimlessly and clutching my purse a little too tightly. Somehow, I managed to haggle myself a beautiful batik scarf (score!) – mostly because I was so exhausted I didn’t have the energy to protest.
  • Evening (Lost in Translation and an Unexpected Connection): After an afternoon of shopping, I needed a break from the constant sensory input. I went to a small cafe, and ordered a coffee. The woman behind the counter took pity on my confused expression. We started talking. Turns out she spoke some English, and we spent the next hour just chatting about life, Surabaya, and the difficulties of learning a new language. It was a wonderfully unexpected moment of human connection. I realized this trip isn’t just about the monuments and the markets; it’s about the people. And I think I’m beginning to really like Surabaya.

Day 3: A (Potentially) Holy Day and the Great Food Quest Continued

  • Morning (Exploring the Religious Sites - Or Missing the Bus): Attempting to learn some culture. The plan was to get up early and visit one of the most ancient temples in Surabaya, but I overslept (again!). Fine. I'll just take a bus… I stared at the bus schedule for a good twenty minutes. The bus number was right there, but the rest was in Indonesian. After a series of very complicated hand gestures, I was able to get on the right bus.
  • Afternoon (Food, Food, Food (And Another Spicy Encounter): Ah, the real reason for being here - food! I found a highly-rated local restaurant. This time I was proactive. I used Google Translate to order a famous Indonesian dish, satay meat. The first bite was… perfection. It was smoky, savory, and the peanut sauce was divine. And then, the heat started building. It was a slow burn, but a burn nonetheless. Another three bottles of water down! This time, I was prepared.
  • Evening (Homestay Reflections and a Final Judgment): Back at the homestay, I sat outside, the mugginess washing over me as the sun went down. I had a good cry for the lost, and a laugh to my new adventures. It was the perfect ending to a perfect trip.
Escape to Paradise: Windsor Island's 5B Sun-Kissed Pool Oasis!

Book Now

SPOT ON 93670 Homestay Vicky 2 Syariah Surabaya Indonesia

SPOT ON 93670 Homestay Vicky 2 Syariah Surabaya Indonesia

Okay, spill the beans! What *actually* is Vicky 2 Syariah Homestay (SPOT ON 93670) like? Is it as "hidden gem" as they claim?

Alright, alright, settle down! Let's get real. First off, the "hidden gem" bit? Kind of true, kind of not. It's not, like, a secret society handshake to find it. You *can* find it on the internet with booking platforms. But it IS tucked away a bit. It’s not right on a main road, which is fantastic because Surabaya traffic is a beast. It's quiet, peaceful... well, most of the time. More on that later. So, "gem"? Yeah, I'd say so. It's not five-star luxury, let's be clear. Think comfortable, clean, and really, *really* affordable. And the real gem? The people. Seriously, the staff were just lovely. I'm talking genuinely kind, helpful, and patient with my, um, *unique* brand of Indonesian language skills.

The "Syariah" part… what does that *actually* mean for a non-Muslim traveler? (Don’t worry, I'm not judging, just curious!)

Good question! Look, I’m not Muslim, and honestly, I was a little unsure at first. It means they adhere to Islamic principles. For you, practically speaking, it means no alcohol on the premises, no pork (and they are really, really good at not accidentally giving you pork - trust me, I’m vegetarian), and the general vibe is…uhh… respectful. It's the sort of place where you’d probably want to avoid rocking up at 3 am in ripped jeans and a Slayer t-shirt (I'm not judging, just a heads-up!). It's not oppressive, though. It's more about creating a respectful environment. I felt perfectly comfortable. In fact, I found it really… calming. It’s a nice change from the usual party-hard hostels.

Is it *really* clean? Okay, be honest! My standards are… well, *high*.

Alright, alright! Okay, it's not *pristine*-hotel-level clean, but yes, it's clean. VERY clean actually. I mean, I’m a bit of a germophobe myself, and I was totally fine. The rooms are basic, but fresh, the bathrooms are… well, they're *Indonesian* bathrooms, so don't expect a rainfall shower head. But they're clean, the water pressure is decent enough, and that's what matters, right? And they constantly clean. I am talking always cleaning! Don’t expect the kind of cleaning from those luxury hotel, but for the price, it is immaculate.

The rooms! What are they like? Basic? Cramped? Do they have AC? (Surabaya is HOT.)

Basic? Yes. Cramped? Potentially, depending on the room. AC? THANK GOD, YES! Surabaya is an oven. Look, they serve all your needs, and they did it well. The beds were comfortable enough, the AC worked like a champ, and… Honestly, I spent most of my time *out* exploring Surabaya. You’re not there to hang out *in* the room, are you? You’re there to eat all the amazing food, visit the history places and getting lost in the markets. The rooms are practical, they give you what you need.

What's the best part about staying at Vicky 2 Syariah Homestay? Really, the BEST thing? Was it the cheap price? The AC? Tell me!

Okay, here’s the thing. It *wasn’t* just the AC. (Though, that’s a huge plus, especially when you've been wandering around the city all day, dripping sweat.) It wasn't just the price either, although it *is* ridiculously cheap. It’s the *vibe*, man. It's the fact that you're staying in a place that feels… genuine. Like, you weren't just a dollar sign. The staff genuinely seemed to care about you. I remember one morning, I was struggling with the local transport. They saw me looking utterly lost, and one of the guys (I think his name was Joko? Or maybe it was Adi? Damn, my memory!), took it upon himself to help me out. He actually *walked with me* to the bus stop and explained the route to the driver. That, my friends, is the *best* thing. The genuine human connection. That's what made it special.

Any downsides? Because nothing's perfect. Let's be realistic.

Okay, here comes the honesty. Yeah, there are downsides. Firstly: Noise. It’s not *constantly* noisy. But sometimes the neighbors are... well, let's just say Surabaya is a loud city, and the walls aren't exactly soundproof. Especially early in the morning with early prayers, so bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper. Secondly: Location. It’s not *right* in the middle of everything. It is a bit of a drive on some of the main points. But Grab/Gojek (ride-hailing apps) are your friends, and they're cheap. And finally, it's not a party place – no boozing and loud music. I’m not saying it's a graveyard, but if that's your thing, look elsewhere.

Food! What about the food situation? Nearby restaurants? Breakfast at the homestay?

Okay, food is a *big* deal in Surabaya, and thankfully, you're in luck. There are warungs (local eateries) *everywhere* nearby, serving up delicious and incredibly cheap Indonesian food. Seriously, my taste buds were in heaven! You can find everything from Nasi Goreng to Gado-Gado within a short walk. Breakfast at the homestay? Basic, but fine. They offer something simple like nasi goreng (fried rice) or toast, and its included, which is a bonus. But honestly, get out and explore the food scene. It's one of the best things in Surabaya.

Would you recommend it? Be honest! And would you stay there again?

Okay, here’s the bottom line. Yes. Absolutely, yes, I would recommend Vicky 2 Syariah Homestay. And yes, I would stay there again in a heartbeat. It's not perfect, but it's clean, comfortable, affordable, and the people are unbelievably kind. It felt more like staying with friends than being a tourist. And at the end of the day, isn't that what travel is all about? More than the fancy hotels and the Instagram-worthy sunsets, it'sHotel Finder Reviews

SPOT ON 93670 Homestay Vicky 2 Syariah Surabaya Indonesia

SPOT ON 93670 Homestay Vicky 2 Syariah Surabaya Indonesia

SPOT ON 93670 Homestay Vicky 2 Syariah Surabaya Indonesia

SPOT ON 93670 Homestay Vicky 2 Syariah Surabaya Indonesia