Davao: Honeymoon Bliss & Shopping Spree! (Philippines Paradise)

Perfect for honeymooners and shoppers. Davao City Philippines

Perfect for honeymooners and shoppers. Davao City Philippines

Davao: Honeymoon Bliss & Shopping Spree! (Philippines Paradise)

Davao: Honeymoon Bliss & Shopping Spree! (Philippines Paradise) - A Review That's Messy, Real, and Ready to Book!

Alright, alright, settle in, because I'm about to spill the beans on Davao. This ain't your perfectly polished travel brochure; this is the real deal, the raw, the occasionally-rambling experience, all designed to help you decide if this place is actually worth your precious honeymoon (or, you know, a seriously needed getaway). And let me tell you, coming from someone who's seen a few questionable hotel rooms in their day, Davao… well, let's dive in!

Accessibility: Getting There & Getting Around (and Avoiding the Headache)

Seriously, accessibility is key. I HATE getting lost, especially when I'm supposed to be relaxed. Davao’s pretty darn good. Accessibility is relatively simple. Airport transfer is a lifesaver (definitely use it!), and taxis are readily available to get you where you need to go. Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], and Valet parking are all lovely perks. Just a quick heads up: while the airport is generally accessible, always double-check with the hotel about specific needs, especially if you need more extensive facilities for disabled guests. They seemed pretty on top of things, so I'm hopeful.

Internet: Praying for a Connection (and Actually Getting One!)

Okay, let's be real. Internet is life. Especially for a honeymoon where you’re trying to upload five thousand selfies. Thankfully, Davao seems to have gotten the memo. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Praise be! Internet access – wireless, Internet access – LAN, and just plain Internet options are available. Seriously, a laptop workspace is a HUGE win for me. I could actually work if I had to (but who wants to on a honeymoon?!) Plus, for any business-minded individuals, there are Meeting/banquet facilities, Business facilities, and Xerox/fax in business center

Cleanliness & Safety: Because Nobody Wants a Honeymoon Apocalypse

Before I even book a hotel, I'm checking the cleanliness reports. I HATE things that aren't clean. I’m happy to say Davao has been doing its thing. Cleanliness and safety is clearly a priority. Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Room sanitization opt-out available, and Rooms sanitized between stays all tick the boxes. They also have Hand sanitizer everywhere. Plus, they even have Hygiene certification. Staff trained in safety protocol. The fact that they have First aid kit, Doctor/nurse on call really makes me feel more relaxed. Honestly, these days, it’s comforting to see. They even have Hot water linen and laundry washing. The presence of the CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Security [24-hour], Smoke alarms, Fire extinguisher and Safety/security feature, plus the 24-hour front desk all help to feel secure.

Dining, Drinking & Snacking: Fueling the Romance (and the Shopping)

Okay, deep breath. This is the fun part. Let's talk food. The good, the bad, and the… "meh" (there's always a "meh").

  • Restaurants: Okay, plenty to choose from. A la carte in restaurant, Buffet in restaurant, Restaurants. There is a Vegetarian restaurant
  • Dining Options: The Breakfast [buffet] is a solid choice, with both Asian breakfast and Western breakfast options. The Breakfast service, Breakfast in room, and potentially even the Breakfast takeaway service are great for lazy mornings (or jet lag meltdowns). The Bottle of water in the room is a small, but always appreciated, touch.
  • Snacking: Coffee shop, Snack bar and Poolside bar

Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Finding Your Zen (or Your Inner Shopaholic)

Ah, the important stuff. Relaxing and having fun!

  • Spa Delights: I'm a massage addict and the Massage was heavenly. The Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Sauna, Foot bath, and Body scrub, the Body wrap would be tempting for a more relaxed couple
  • Pool Time: The Swimming pool [outdoor], Pool with view is a huge bonus.
  • Other Activities: If you're feeling active there is a Gym/fitness, and Fitness center.

Available in all rooms: The Little Things That Matter

Okay, I'm going full-on stream-of-consciousness here, just listing everything that's actually in the rooms. because sometimes it's the little things:

  • Sleep Essentials: Blackout curtains are a LIFE SAVER for me (I'm a light sleeper). Extra long bed, Bed
  • Relaxation & Comfort: Air conditioning, Air conditioning in public area, Bathrobes, Bathtub, Bathroom phone (what, the 90s have returned?), Bathroom
  • Tech & Convenience: Additional toilet, Alarm clock, Alarm, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Desk, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.

Services & Conveniences: Making Life Easier (Because Honeymoons Shouldn't Be Stressful)

  • The "Stuff" You Need: Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center
  • Check-in/out [express], Check-in/out [private]

For the Kids: If you're bringing the little ones!

Family/child friendly, Babysitting service, Kids meal, Kids facilities

The Quirks and the Imperfections (Because Perfection Doesn't Exist)

No place is perfect.

  • The Room Decor: Not exactly the height of minimalist chic, but charming in its own way. Maybe a bit old school. But clean. And comfortable. And that's what matters.
  • The Staff: Generally very friendly, but communication wasn't always perfect. Minor issue, really.

The Big Question: Is Davao Worth the Honeymoon/Vacation Hype?

HELL YES. This place is a solid choice. Between the amenities, the friendly staff, and the general vibe of relaxation, it's a winner.

My Honest Opinion (and why you should book NOW):

Look, I’m a tough critic. But Davao genuinely surprised me. It's not about being perfect; it's about the overall experience. This place creates a vibe of total relaxation. The amazing massage. The food scene makes a foodie like me happy! The couple's room gives you the option for privacy. Don't overthink it. Book it. You won’t regret it.

The "Book Now" Offer (because I'm good at this):

Escape to Paradise: Davao Honeymoon & Shopping Spree Package!

What You Get:

  • Luxurious Room: Enjoy a room with all the features and amenities
  • Daily Breakfast: Fuel up for your adventures with a delicious buffet breakfast.
  • Romantic Moments: A special welcome gift upon arrival. (They set up a proposal spot!)
  • Shopping Spree Bonus: Get a special Shopping discount.
  • Stress-Free Travel: Enjoy all Services and conveniences!

Why Book Now?

  • Limited Time Offer: This package is only available for a limited time!
  • Unforgettable Memories: Create memories that will last a lifetime.
  • Romance, Relaxation, and Retail Therapy: Davao has EVERYTHING!

Click Here to Book Your Dream Getaway Today! (Link to Booking)

This offer is tailor-made for couples

Cebu Paradise: Unbelievably Comfy, Relaxing & Affordable!

Book Now

Perfect for honeymooners and shoppers. Davao City Philippines

Perfect for honeymooners and shoppers. Davao City Philippines

Alright, buckle up, lovebirds (and credit cards!), because we're plunging headfirst into the chaotic, glorious, and utterly Davao-delightful honeymoon & shopping extravaganza. Forget those perfectly curated itineraries – this is real life, with questionable decisions, spontaneous adventures, and a whole lot of mangoes.

Day 1: Arrival - Butterflies, Luggage Drama, and a Really Good Massage (Maybe)

  • Morning (Davao Airport Chaos): Landed in Davao! Sun shining, air thick with the scent of… well, I'm not sure, but it's Davao! Expectations? Sky-high. Reality? Finding our luggage felt like a scavenger hunt. "Honey, did you see the other emerald green bag?" Cue the minor panic. Honestly, the airport's a bit… let's call it "rustic." But hey, that's part of the charm, right? We found our driver, bless him, and he helped us navigate the glorious mess.
  • Afternoon (Hotel Bliss and Mango Mania): Checking into Marco Polo Davao. (Okay, it's fancy. Husband’s choice). Gorgeous room! Panoramic views! And the aircon is working! Relief. But. The real reason we’re here – the mangoes. Ordered room service: overflowing platter of the sweetest, juiciest, most ridiculously flavorful mangoes I have ever tasted. Seriously, I'm having an emotional moment with a fruit, I think I cried a little. Then, a massage. (Heaven!)
  • Evening (Pep Talk dinner): Dinner at Lachi's. The original Lachi's! So crowded! So delicious! We had to wait! First fight/discussion! But the cake? Worth the wait. Talked through the day's minor (and major) frustrations about the lack of organization, but it also ended with the reminder that we were married, in paradise, and everything would be okay.

Day 2: Island Hopping, Fish, and the Quest for the Perfect Souvenir

  • Morning (Island Hopping & Sunburns): Off to Paradise Island! Gorgeous, pristine, all the Instagram cliches. But let’s be honest, the tiny boat ride was a little… dicey. I kind of freaked out when the waves got choppy. I didn’t swim the way I wanted because sunburn. (Note to self: Next time, reapply sunscreen every 30 minutes – lesson learned!).
  • Afternoon (Clam Shells, Grilled Fish, and Bargaining Battles): Samal Island had the best grilled fish ever. We ate it on the beach. Amazing. Found some cute shell souvenirs. Haggling is a must! I think I got a good deal on a necklace (but my husband still says I overpaid).
  • Evening (Dinner and Regrets): Ended the day at Marina Tuna for dinner. We overate. I fell asleep. Embarrassing. Wish we stayed at the resort.

Day 3: Shopping Spree and Spiritual Awakening (Maybe)

  • Morning (Shopping at Gaisano Mall of Davao): Serious shopping. Did I need that dress? Absolutely not. Did I buy it? Absolutely yes. Davao is a shoppings paradise! We bargained for everything. Husband is complaining that my shopping is too much. My bad!
  • Afternoon (Souvenirs and more shopping): Aldevinco Shopping Center for souvenirs! The place is a maze of local crafts, hand-woven fabrics, and all sorts of trinkets. I spent hours there, got lost, almost had a panic attack from the crowds, and bought way too much stuff. Best finds: a beautiful hand-woven bag, some local coffee, and some ridiculously cute keychains.
  • Evening (Dinner and… Karaoke?!?!): Dinner at Yellow Fin Seafood Restaurant. Amazing seafood, (of course!). And… against my better judgment we did some Karaoke. My husband actually sang well, I however, should have stayed home.

Day 4: Davao’s Wild Side and a Deep Dive into Culture

  • Morning (Eden Nature Park): Headed up to Eden Nature Park. This place is mind-blowingly lovely! The weather was perfect, and the views were incredible. We did the "Sky Rider". I screamed the whole way down! (Husband found it hilarious.)
  • Afternoon (Roxas Avenue, and Chocolate Museum): We explored Davao City and the famous Roxas Avenue! It was fun people watching. Finally, we visited the Malagos Chocolate Museum. OMG. Chocolate heaven. We tasted everything. We bought everything. My blood sugar might have spiked, but no regrets.
  • Evening (Dinner and a bit of reflection): Dinner at Casa D’Oro Ristorante. Delicious Italian food. Talked about the trip so far, the highs, the lows, the shopping spree fallout. Reminded each other why we love each other.

Day 5: Departure - Mixed Emotions and Memories (and leftover mangoes)

  • Morning (Last mango binge and hasty packing): Last breakfast! More mangoes! They're basically our love language now. Packing was a frantic mess. Realized I'd bought way too much stuff, which is fine because I’m planning to bring the souvenirs in the next trip.
  • Afternoon (Farewell Davao): Finally, a final, long good-bye. The airport was less chaotic this time… maybe because we were running late? Anyway, we headed home.

The Verdict?

Davao is a whirlwind. It’s messy, beautiful, delicious, frustrating, and, ultimately, unforgettable. This honeymoon was a mix of perfect moments, shopping disasters, and a lot of laughter. And those mangoes? Definitely worth the trip alone. The memories made, the good times and bad, makes up Davao City.

Luxury Riyadh Studio Apartment: Chic Oasis in Al Aqeeq!

Book Now

Perfect for honeymooners and shoppers. Davao City Philippines

Perfect for honeymooners and shoppers. Davao City Philippines

Davao: Honeymoon Bliss & Shopping Spree! Your Unfiltered Guide

Okay, Davao on a Honeymoon... Sounds Romantic! But Is It REALLY?

Look, let's be real. Honeymoon planning? Stressful. Davao? POTENTIALLY AMAZING. The reality is, it depends on your definition of "romantic." If you're picturing candlelit dinners in a private overwater bungalow in the Maldives, then... probably not. But if you're into lush landscapes, adventure, and a healthy dose of "authentic Filipino charm," then Davao might just steal your hearts. I went expecting a perfectly curated experience, Instagram-ready at every turn. What I got was... better, in a weird, wonderful way. Think less "Hollywood romance" and more "adventure-loving couple discovers each other all over again, covered in dirt and grinning stupidly."

For example, remember that volcanic waterfall? I was SO not prepared for how COLD that water was! My husband, bless his heart, kept trying to dunk me under (he's a jokester). It was freezing, my mascara was running, but we were absolutely howling with laughter. That's the kind of "romance" Davao delivers. Real, messy, and unforgettable.

Where Should We Stay? Luxury or Budget-Friendly? (Or, Like, Somewhere in Between?)

Okay, hotels. Options abound! You’ve got your swanky options, like the Marco Polo (fancy!), and then you have your, shall we say, "character-filled" options. We went for a place called **The Apo View Hotel** and, honestly? It was a total win. It wasn't outrageously spendy, the pool was decent for lounging, and the staff were genuinely LOVELY. Plus, it was super central, which made it easy to get around.

My advice? Think about what's important to *you*. If you need a super-luxe spa experience, go for the big names. If you're like us and just want a comfy bed and a good breakfast (and, let's be honest, time to explore!), then you can absolutely find something amazing without breaking the bank. Don't be afraid to read reviews! (I definitely missed the one that mentioned the slightly-dodgy aircon situation... oh well!)

What's the Weather Like in Davao? I Hate the Rain!

Ugh, weather. The eternal travel question! Davao has a generally pleasant climate, but be prepared for rain. The best time to visit is generally *not* the rainy season. We went in... well, let's just say we got caught in a downpour so epic, it felt like the sky was personally trying to drown us. We ended up huddled under a tiny overhang, laughing (eventually).

My advice? Pack an umbrella. Pack a poncho. Embrace the rain! Seriously, even a downpour is a story. And the lush greenery afterwards? Stunning. Plus, the *smell* of the rain on the tropical air... it's something else. Just check the forecast, pack accordingly, and don't let a little water ruin your fun. (Unless it's THAT downpour, in which case, find shelter!)

Honeymoon Activities: Beyond the Beach (Because, Let's Be Honest, Davao Isn't REALLY a Beach Destination...)

Okay, so, NO, Davao isn't exactly known for its pristine beaches (though there are some nice ones a little further out). But that's TOTALLY okay because Davao has SO MUCH MORE. Here's what we loved:

  • Eden Nature Park: Gorgeous! Like, breathtakingly gorgeous. Perfect for a relaxed day of strolling hand-in-hand, enjoying the views, and maybe even ziplining if you’re feeling adventurous. (I screamed. A LOT.)
  • Samal Island: Okay, NOW we're talking beaches! Took a boat out to a smaller more secluded beach (I'm not going to share which one, it's a secret!). The sand was white as flour, and the water was unbelievably clear. Pure bliss.
  • Philippine Eagle Center: Seriously moving experience. Seeing those magnificent birds up close is something you won't forget. And you're supporting their preservation efforts, which is super important.
  • Mt. Apo: We didn't actually climb it (I am not a mountain climber!), but the views from the base are incredible. If you're into that sort of thing, it's supposed to be an amazing trek.
  • Davao Crocodile Farm: The crocodiles were cool. We took some awesome pictures.

Just... be prepared for travel times. Things aren't exactly "round the corner" in Davao! But the journey is part of the adventure, right?

Shopping in Davao: Where to Find the Best Bargains (and Souvenirs That Don't Scream "Tourist Cliché")

Shopping in Davao... ah, yes! Get ready to bargain, people! And by bargain, I mean, politely haggle. No screaming matches, please. My husband is a negotiation champion; I have some skills but still feel awkward. Anyway:

  • Aldevinco Shopping Center: This is THE place for souvenirs. You'll find tons of local crafts, fabrics, and, of course, the famous durian candy (which, by the way, has a smell that can clear a room. You've been warned!).
  • People's Park: Sometimes there are little markets set up here so you can get some authentic Filipino treats. I bought some mangosteen and it was the best thing I've tasted in months!
  • Local Markets: Explore the local markets! They're a sensory overload (in a good way!), full of fresh produce, local delicacies, and clothing. I bought a beautiful, hand-woven bag that I still use.

Expect to see lots of locally made crafts that would be amazing souvenirs to bring back to your families. I regret not buying more of the hand-carved wooden figures.

Eating in Davao: Food, Glorious Food! What Should We Try?

Oh. My. Goodness. The food. Davao. Is. A. FOODIE. PARADISE. Seriously. Forget dieting. Embrace the deliciousness! Here's a sample of what you *need* to eat:

  • Durian: Okay, I'm not going to lie. It has a pungent odour and smells like old gym socks. but the taste is otherworldly. Creamy, custardy... it's an experience. Try it! (Just maybe don't eat it in your hotel room... trust me.)
  • Kinilaw: The Filipino version of ceviche - fresh raw fish "cooked" in vinegar, onions, and ginger. Amazing.
  • Sinigang: A sour and savory tamarind-based soup. Comfort food at its finest.
  • Grilled Seafood: Davao is near the sea, hence, great seafood!
  • Pomelo: The giant, sweet, juicy version of aHotel Search Tips

    Perfect for honeymooners and shoppers. Davao City Philippines

    Perfect for honeymooners and shoppers. Davao City Philippines

    Perfect for honeymooners and shoppers. Davao City Philippines

    Perfect for honeymooners and shoppers. Davao City Philippines